Thursday, 14 August 2014

13 Weeks

What a week!  On Saturday we had a friend's wedding and being a little over 12 weeks and seeing some friends we don't get to see very often, we decided to share our news with them. I was a little nervous, but it felt really great afterwards.  They were insanely happy for us which made me happy we decided to tell.  But it was a long night and I had to work early Sunday morning, so I enjoyed my time and then headed home around 11pm, H stayed to party and caught a ride home later.

Sunday was the start of our big work tradeshow.  It's long days on your feet, running around, which I was not excited for.  But I made it through and am beyond happy to say I'm back at my desk this morning!  I was running out of nice clothes that hide the bump, haha!  I also told my other two colleagues at lunch yesterday - I figured I'd wait until the end of the show, since I wasn't expecting my old boss to be particularly excited for me and didn't want to add any stress during the show.  It went fine in the end, he didn't say anything rude or make me feel bad, so that's a plus!  He didn't exactly jump up and down, but I prepared myself for worse, so I'm happy enough with how it all went.  I also spilled to one of our clients yesterday.  She was kindly gifting my partner and I a nice travel bag, but I had actually been eyeing the same line which had a diaper bag.  I asked if I could swap mine for that one and she got so excited when the light bulb went off, it was really sweet.  So I scored a new diaper bag that is cute machine washable, hooray!!

How far along:  13 weeks
Babies are the size of:  Peaches!  I was really excited to get to peaches for some reason!
What's happening: Vocal chords and teeth are forming!  Babies already have fingerprints and intestines are making their way to their more permanent home.  Motor skills are starting to work, flexing their arms and legs.
Maternity Clothes:  I wore maxi skirts at the show a lot this week, and I may have worn one pair of mat dress pants my mom bought me (for $3!!) because fuck it, they were comfy.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep:  Some nights are better than others.
Symptoms: I woke up Sunday with serious back pain, not a good sign before the show even starts.  It was pretty bad for a few days but seems to have calmed down a little, thank goodness.  I am also waiting for that 2nd tri energy boost people talk about, I really could have used it this week!
Best Moment of the Week:  Probably telling our friends at the wedding.  There were 8 of us at the table and it was crazy but awesome that we all knew, no big secret to keep, no lying about why I wasn't drinking (open bar wedding, and all!).  It felt good to feel the excitement :)
Miss Anything:  I would have enjoyed to taste some of the yummy cocktails at the wedding/
Cravings/Aversions:  Cheese, but that's an always thing, haha.
Showing Yet: The peaches are getting harder to hide in more form fitted clothing!
Mood: I am so happy to be done with the tradeshow, it's a big sigh of relief.
What I am Looking Forward to:  I have my first tri screening tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous, I just want to know everything is ok, but I am excited to see the babies again!

13 Weeks

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it through the tradeshow, we have them in our industry too and they are exhausting! I cannot imagine having the exhaustion of pregnancy AND doing tradeshows. Your bump is so cute! I hope your screening goes well today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for peaches! Glad you are enjoying starting to tell people! Hope your first tri screening goes well! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops! That should have said "tomorrow" not "today"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray sweet peaches!!! Grow babies, grow! You're bump is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time sharing your news with everyone! I cannot wait to hear about your ultrasound tomorrow. FX and prayers that your little ones are just perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your crazy weekend is OVER and that you were able to share your happy news with some more people (incl coworkers)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to start sharing the news!! That must have been so exciting. Good luck with your screening tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete