Thursday, 21 August 2014

Second Trimester!!

I kind of can't believe I'm here.  I woke up this morning and have been unable to wipe the grin off my face.  I feel like we've accomplished something I could only dream about for so long.  We made it to second trimester.  It's amazing how the varied emotions come into play at different times.  For so long, and until really recently (evidenced by my PAIF post just a little bit ago) I have been having such a hard time letting go of the fear and anxiousness and just embracing this happiness that we've prayed, and fought, so hard for.  And today, hitting a milestone like reaching second tri is both mind baffling and incredibly emotional for me, but in a good way.  I am so beyond grateful for our little miracles and it just feels even more real to be starting the second trimester.  We are already more than a third of the way through this pregnancy - how that's possible, I do not know, but I just thank God every day for this blessing.  Oh man, I'm so mushy today!

How far along:  14 weeks
Babies are the size of:  Lemons!
What's happening:  They are probably sucking their thumbs and wiggling their toes in there!  The kidneys are making urine, and the liver and spleen are doing their jobs, too.  Babies are also growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz-like hair, all over the body to help keep them warm!
Maternity Clothes:  I love working at home in my sweats, but I do wear my mat capris/pants to dress up a little more to go out.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep:  Some nights are better than others.
Symptoms: Still waiting for that second tri energy people talk about.  I had some killer back pain one night this week, it was pretty awful, along with some cramping/RLP type stuff.  Those babies are doing a lot of growing, it makes sense, but I was still disappointed that Tylenol is as good as it gets these days :S  I've also been having more headaches than usual, nothing horrible, but annoying nonetheless.
Best Moment of the Week:  Waking up in second tri this morning!
Miss Anything:  Not particularly
Cravings/Aversions:  I go back and forth between wanting sweets and salty, I'm usually only a sweets girl.  But I have been trying to substitute for healthier options, like yogurt, fruit and granola.  But let's be honest, it's not nearly as satisfying as a chocolate bar and every so often, I just have to cave.
Showing Yet: I can still hide it under looser fitting clothes, but anything more fitted?  Well yeah, take a look.
Mood: Pretty damn happy today :)
What I am Looking Forward to:  We're going to my uncle's cottage tomorrow for the weekend, it is our only cottage weekend this summer so I'm stoked (and really hoping for nice weather!).  Plus we're going to tell him about the twins, I think he's going to be pretty excited, so I'm looking forward to that.  We have also started to try and empty out the will-be nursery, I've dropped off lots at Goodwill, it feel like I'm making slow progress, but better than nothing!

14 Weeks

9 comments:

  1. Awwww, Hi Lemons!! Congrats to you all for 2nd Tri! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for second tri! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Yay for second tri! It's such a great feeling. You have the cutest little bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Look at your little double lemon bump, it's so cute! Yay for 2nd tri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so so amazing!! I'm so happy for you - hurray for 2nd tri!! 2nd tri energy hit me really suddenly at 16 weeks, hopefully it's tomorrow for you ;)

    Have so so much fun at the lake this weekend! I hope the weather is beautiful and you get some good sun soaking in. <3 <3 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look hawt. :) Yeah for double lemons!

    Hopefully second tri treats you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you Jaytee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! Hehehe... Congrats jaytee for making it to 2nd tri! I'm very happy for you and the babies!

    ReplyDelete