Thursday, 23 October 2014

23 Weeks - time is flying!

How far along:  23 weeks! 

Babies are the size of:  Grapefruits. 
What's happening:  The face is fully formed, just need a little fat to fill it out!  They can hear my voice and my heartbeat and even loud sounds around me. Their bodies are also more proportionate and the pancreas is functional.
Maternity Clothes:  Lots of maternity clothes and some of my regular clothes still.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep:  Better than it has been.  I won't complain...this week.
Symptoms: My heartburn made a nasty return this week, and I've had some overall back and hip pain here and there.
Best Moment of the Week:  Well it certainly wasn't H going back to China.  I'll say the wicked good deals I found this weekend.  My high chairs were half price this week, and I found the bouncy/rocker infant chair I wanted for half price at a mommy sale in the community - brand new, still in box!  I love a good deal :)  Oh, and I almost forgot!  H and I actually had a good and productive discussion on baby names and came up with a short list - still subject to change, but we at least agreed on some options.  Mini victory :)
Miss Anything:  My husband :(
Cravings/Aversions:  Um yes, and they change frequently.  This week I stuffed my face this these yummy bars - pretty sure it greatly contributed to the heartburn, not that that has totally stopped me.  ::shoulder shrug::  
Showing Yet: I'll go with yes on that one.  Last week was my first ever encounter with a stranger (not in a baby/maternity store) who told me what a cute bump I have and asked when I was due.  Turns out, she is also a twin mom!  And she gave me the earring backs I needed for free - made my day :)
Mood: Tired, therefore missing feeling more energetic.  I really hate when H is away, and I am really missing him this week.  We have so much to do, and I'm realizing I'm more limited these days in doing those things (like moving furniture).  I also love being a puppy mom, but Abby is a high energy dog, who is still nuts and won't go on walks around the neighbourhood, I am finding it exhausting to be alone looking after her this week.  I know, I know, call the Wahmbulance.  This is mostly to say that I miss H and I am really so appreciative of how great he is with Abby.
What I am Looking Forward to:  Monday when H gets back!  (I'm not good at being alone, haha, even if I'm really not alone these days!).  I'm seeing a really good friend tomorrow who I haven't seen in ages so I'm really looking forward to catching up with her.  
23 Weeks!

2 comments:

  1. You are quite possibly the cutest twin pregnant person ever! Hope this week flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a cute twin bump! I'm glad that your H will be back tomorrow - it IS tough to be alone, especially with a dog and some babies on the way. I hope you find some good remedies for the heartburn!

    ReplyDelete