Tuesday, 14 October 2014

AW Alert!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canuck stalkers, hope you all enjoyed the long weekend!  We had a very busy but awesome weekend, saw both our families, which was great but I was, and am, seriously exhausted.  I think that amazing 2nd tri energy is fizzling away - noooooo!!!!

Before the weekend, after hearing that everything from our A/S looked good, and with a little encouragement from a few friends, H & I decided to post something on FB about my pregnancy.  We figured we either do it, or just let pics speak for themselves, being that it's more and more obvious every day!  H kind of wanted to do it, and include Abby, and I realized that IF has already taken so much from us - the excitement of seeing two lines, the surprising of H with a pregnancy announcement, surprising our families and close friends that knew - we have already had to make peace with the fact those things were tainted by IF.  I felt a little like this was one way to say FU IF, you can't take this from me too.  I wanted to embrace some excitement, rather than just all my nerves.  So, we did it.  We posted on FB.  This is what we did:


It feels good to get it out there, once and for all, and we got a lot of nice comments, which was really nice and helped the vomit feeling pass, haha!  In the end, I'm glad we did it so I don't have to think about it anymore, and I can post pics from our SF trip without thinking twice :)

For Thanksgiving weekend, we went up to my ILs and while most of the family was off doing the Annual Fall Classic, golf game, my SIL and I went to BRU.  It was so great to go there with someone with experience!  She was so helpful in what we need/can pass on, what she's happy to give us, recommendations on brands, etc.  I was exhausted by the end, but it was so great to have that time to do that together (she lives about an hour away, so we don't get the chance too often).  We also talked about strollers a lot.  I have done a lot of reading and research and was pretty set on the City Select Baby Jogger double stroller.  We happened to be looking around online, she googled a few baby stores near her and it must have been a Thanksgiving miracle, because there was a sale on MY stroller, WITH the second seat kit!!  This is what I have been looking at getting, and there it was, on sale - which, in all my time looking at this stroller, I have never seen.  Two stores actually had the exact same sale, so I'm guessing a manufacturer sale or something, but either way, my stroller was on sale!  So....I bought it.  Hey, I cannot pass up the opportunity for a good savings, it was just over 20% off!  And they only had 1 left in teal, which is the one I wanted, look how pretty it is:


Now all we need to decide is whether to get the car seat adapters for this one, or whether to get the snap and go, but that part wasn't on sale, so I have a little more time to decide.  So, that was my weekend!  Hope you all had a great one!  And if you made it this far, I think I owe some people some Reese cups ;)

                                                         

ETA: I forgot!  My SIL also sent us home with our first car seat!  My nephew outgrew it so they're giving it to us!  It seriously made it feel very real to see a baby car seat in the back of my car!  There is pretty much no one else I think I would trust getting a car seat from, but I know how gently used this was, how well taken care of it has been, etc.  And I am so grateful that we only have to buy one more :)  And my MIL, who love all of her boys (she had two sons, and now has 2 grandsons, with another on the way) is so excited to have a granddaughter coming too!  She went and bought some adorable outfits for baby girl next summer since Carter's was having an amazing sale.  My family is seriously incredible, and generous and I am one grateful woman.


4 comments:

  1. I love this update! Abby looks so cute staring up at the camera, that is a really cute way of announcing it on FB :) That is awesome that you got a deal on the stroller you wanted and that your SIL was able to help you with picking out things for the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the announcement so so much! I'm glad that it was a positive experience for you!

    Love the stroller too! Every time I see a double stroller I think of you (and C) and this one always looks so cool. That color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness jaytee! That announcement is awesome! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete