Yesterday was shower #2. My MIL and H's aunt hosted a really wonderful shower for me and the babies. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about my MIL, I seriously lucked out when it comes to ILs - she's absolutely incredible. Thoughtful, kind, generous, loving, we get along fantastically. After spending a couple of years on TB and reading some horror IL stories, it makes me that much more appreciative to have this amazing woman, and their whole family, be part of my family.
There were about 12 people there or so, close family friends that I've got to know very well over the 10yrs H and I have been together. It was so nice that they were all able, and wanted, to come to celebrate with us, especially in December, I know this time of year gets super busy for people, so it means a lot that they gave up an afternoon to come. There were some really great nibbblies and food to munch on, a really delicious punch, lots of chit chat. Then on to the massive pile of gifts! I swear, these babies (and me!) got seriously spoiled, between the two showers our registry was mostly purchased, all the big ticket items were and the other things we will happily buy ourselves. We got our Graco PnP, which makes me insanely excited! That will live on the main floor and is pretty crucial being my main floor changing station, it has the napper, and of course the playpen itself. We also got this awesome Jumperoo that seriously looks like so much fun! This will likely live under the crib for a bit until they're ready for it, I really didn't expect anyone to buy this for us but I know we'll be glad to have it! We got tons of great sleepers and adorable clothes, a good stocking of the change station - diapers, wipes, diaper cream, powder, the Diaper Genie. But I have to say, as awesome as all of this is, and it IS awesome, the thing I am most surprised and excited by, is that one family (all moms, 2 of whom are also midwives) went in and bought me the breast pump! I have been talking to H about buying it, I've been price shopping around, it's really expensive, so I've been humming and hah-ing, H said I should just stop thinking about it and buy it already, since clearly I need it. And then surprise! It was the first present I opened. I am so insanely grateful, I can't believe they bought this for me. I am so happy to have this one in particular too, since it's a dual express and all the reviews I've read were awesome, not to mention it's the one the midwives recommended too! Clearly my research paid off!
I am so humbled and grateful to our family and friends, I cannot believe how incredibly generous they have all been to us and our babies. It was a seriously awesome day :)
I didn't actually take any pics, but hopefully H's aunt will send some my way!
yay! I am so so happy for you :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! So glad you had such great showers! <3
ReplyDelete