I made it 6 whole months! For 6 months I have kept these two monkeys alive and well and thriving. Point me.
Seriously though, I don't even know how to put into words what this experience has been like. It's all encompassing, overwhelming, incredibly amazing, full of love and laughter, exhausting and trying, humbling and awe inspiring. I made these two perfect little people. I did this. With H and a whole lot of help, but I did this. I have never been prouder of anything. I am more in love not only with my children but also with my husband. My heart is so full I could burst. I feel so lucky and so grateful. I give thanks every day, many times a day, for these two miracles. It literally brings tears to my eyes on a regular basis. I blame hormones, obviously. ;)
L&E are amazing. L is all about rolling over. He won't stay on his back for more than a few minutes before he's flipped over, doing his on land swimming thing. It's adorable. He's going to be on the move in no time, I'm sure of it. He's found his voice this week. He's been laughing for months but he's just started to play some vocal acrobatics. Squealing with delight! He's hilarious and almost always has a smile. Melts my heart every time. E is a Chatty Cathy. She is constantly talking, telling me stories, we actually go back and forth a little. She's found her laugh and I love it! She's so much more smiley. Thank goodness for the end of the colic phase. God that was hard. They're both getting good at assisted sitting and E loves to stand. We went swimming for the first time this week and they did super well! I'm a big swimmer so I'm glad we're off to a good start! And they looked freaking adorable! We have our 6 month appt tomorrow, I can't wait to get a weight check!
All in all, this is the best and hardest job ever but I'm beyond grateful to be able to do it. And I do have to say I'm also super proud of myself for making it 6 months BFing and pumping. L doesn't nurse, which makes me sad at times and E will, but only when she wants to. She knows what she wants and when. That's my girl! Lol. But I honestly hate pumping. I seriously loathe it. But I'm proud that I hung in this long. I respect and support all methods of feeding the little ones, I use them all! This was just a personal goal that I'm so stoked to have met. I hope to continue until end of summer and then I'll reevaluate. But for now, I'm allowing myself a moment to feel good about making it this far :)




They are seriously so adorable <3 love them both! And I love you too!
ReplyDeleteSo much love to you all 😄 Such an awesome update! Those kids are just the CUTEST! You're doing awesome mama ❤️
ReplyDelete