Thursday, 19 June 2014

5 Weeks

I still can't quite believe I'm writing this, but I want to be able to look back and see where I started!  So, here we go, I'm diving in!

How far along:  5 weeks
Baby is the size of: An apple seed
What's happening: The embryo doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, but at five weeks, she's already starting to form major organs (heart, stomach, liver, kidney) and systems (digestive, circulatory, nervous).
Weight change: Stepped on the scale for the first time in ages, today will be my starting point!
Maternity Clothes: Nope.  I did buy some new dresses/skirts for the summer, but I needed some new things anyways.  I may have tried to pick things that will accommodate some bloat though :)
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Pretty typical, I've been getting pretty tired in the evenings, and I even napped on Sunday!  Strange for me, very strange.
Symptoms: I swear I have a new super power - the power to smell everything!  Also sore boobs and bloat, which gets progressively worse as the day goes on.
Best Moment of the Week: Beta #2 on Monday being over 800 and telling our parents!
Miss Anything: Not really, a wine spritzer would be nice, but I'm still just so happy to have a reason to pass :)
Cravings/Aversions:  None to speak of.
Showing Yet: No, just bloated, especially by night time (hence the reason my pics will be in the morning!).
Mood: Disbelief, although it's starting to really sink in.  I am nervously anxious about my first u/s next Tues.  But H and I are trying to enjoy these moments, I know there are no guarantees and it's still early, but we've waited so long for this, we're trying to just embrace it all.
What I am Looking Forward to: My u/s next week!  I want to know how many embabies took up residence!  And I think seeing it on the screen will help this all feel even more real, even if it's only a tiny dot or blob - I can't wait to see my blob(s).

5 Weeks!

7 comments:

  1. I love this so much!! I hope your u/s goes well on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are trying to embrace and enjoy it! And I cannot WAIT to watch your belly grow!! Good luck on Tuesday, can't wait to know if you have 1 or 2 BABIES in there!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also looking forward to hearing about your u/s on Tuesday!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love this! Can't wait to hear about your u/s next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEEEE!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! Five more sleeps!!

    ReplyDelete