Tuesday, 3 June 2014

To have a frostie, or not to have a frostie, that is the question

I have been anxious since I woke up, waiting for 10am so I could call the clinic to see how embryo #3 is doing and find out if we will get to freeze.  At 10am they said they didn't know yet, try back again after noon.  Fine, I suppose I can distract myself for another 2 hours.  I call at noon, they still don't know.  WTF guys, seriously?!  I was told we would know Tues, and reports are usual at the clinic by 11am.  Do you have any idea how difficult every minute can be when you are waiting on this news??  Clearly not.  I called again at 2pm and was told that my nurse finally spoke to a lab person, they were in a meeting apparently (Grrrrrrr!) but they'll fax my info over right away.  I asked the nurse to call me as soon as she got it, this waiting is killing me!  So I just got the call and my heart stopped - please let it be good news!  The nurse says, "No news is good news" and I think what the hell, did you not get a report from the lab?  Apparently there isn't much of an update today, they are going to let embie #3 keep marinating until tomorrow, at which point we should know if it's survived and we can freeze.  Two opposing emotions:  Hooray!!!!!!!  This is a victory, we still have a third embryo, we still have the possibility to freeze, it's still growing!!!  and WTF people, I have to do this for another 24 hrs?!?  Do you guys not realize this waiting is so very difficult?  And if there wasn't much news, why on earth did you make me wait all day, staring at the clock??  Not cool.  But anyways, I am choosing to focus less on my annoyance and all on my third embaby, who is hopefully still working on dividing into the right number of cells and growing strong.  We still have a chance here.

I did a little googling to see what our embabies are, or should be, up to:


I also found this nifty chart - I do so love my lists and charts!  It's interesting to see how things should be progressing.

I can't understand how this chart says at 11dp3dt you should be able to detect pregnant, but my clinic has my beta set for June 16, which is 16dp3dt!!  I have P4 b/w on Thurs, I'm going to ask about those dates.  Everyone I talk to says it is usually 2 weeks after ER, not ET.  Do not make me wait any longer than I have to, please!  So today, I am praying for my 3rd embaby still at the lab, and praying that the two currently living in my ute are working on becoming blastocysts.  Come on embabies, grow/stick!!!

You ladies weren't joking, I think this will be the longest two weeks of my life.  

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Waiting is the worst! But, SO GLAD that things are looking good for your third embaby so far! I am still sending all my good thoughts and vibes your way. That is a LONG time to wait for beta. Hopefully you can talk them into moving it up a little. Thinking of you always, and sending you lots of love and ((hugs)). <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that seems so long! I hope you get some great news about your embaby tomorrow. And even better news in 2 weeks! Are you planning on testing at home or are you going beta or bust? Either way FX for you and sending you lots of hugs throughout this wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know where I stand in all of this: I'm so very hopeful! I think this is a GREAT sign for your two embabies that are staking out a good spot in your ute right this minute. And I have a great feeling for Embaby #3. Continuous prayers for you all!!

    ReplyDelete