Thursday, 26 June 2014

6 Weeks!

Ok so my head has been everywhere this week, learning you're having two babies while your husband is across the world will apparently do that to you!  So while my u/s pic counts from ET, everyone I talk to and every website I look at says to count from ER, so that's what I'm doing and I'll ask at the clinic next week.

How far along:  6 weeks
Babies are the size of: Sweet Pea (I have no idea if this change for twins, I'm googling!)
 What's happening: Starting to circulate blood with an increasingly more sophisticated circulatory system. Starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks, and might even be wiggling their paddle-like hands and feet!
Weight change: -0.5lbs
Maternity Clothes: Nope, just whatever is comfortable with the bloat
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: I am so tired but have been sleeping like crap this week.  I am not a happy camper.
Symptoms: Pretty much the same as last week - tired, bloat, sore boobs and my sense of smell is still impressive, and sometimes a curse, i.e. garbage day :/  Yesterday I was pretty queasy, but today is better...so far.
Best Moment of the Week: My first u/s on Tues and finding out we're having TWINS!
Miss Anything: Uninterrupted sleep, and my husband who comes home tomorrow!!
Cravings/Aversions:  Not really
Showing Yet: No, just bloated, especially by night time.
Mood: Holy fucking shit, there's TWO babies in there!!!  I go between excitement and happiness and disbelief and panic!  I will feel so much better when H is home so we can be happy and crazy together!
What I am Looking Forward to: My u/s next week!  H will be there for that one, yay!  And I've heard we should probably be able to hear the heartbeats, I am so looking forward to that.

6 Weeks!

7 comments:

  1. Love this! And also, your baby bump/bloat is what my tummy looks like on a good day (otherwise known as, I haven't eaten anything and I ran 10 miles!! LOLLLLL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stomach has never looked like this, haha!

      XOXO J !! <3

      Delete
    2. I love you guys for saying that :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I love it! TWO babies -- ah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely understand the apprehension, the idea of multiples is scary. But I'm still so, so, so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can get a good night's sleep soon!! Something that helps me on nights that I really need rest is some lavender essential oil on the soles of my feet and temples. You look so great and I'm so excited for your ultrasound on Wednesday!!! I don't usually look forward to the weekend being over, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to go pick some up!

      Delete