H left on Sunday for China, I proceeded to have a serious cry fest - he had been gone for like 2 hours. I'm not one to blame hormones, but even I thought I was being a little crazy, but the tears kept flowing anyways! He'll be back Friday, so not even that long of a trip, but I'm feeling a little sappy this week. Sue me.
Last night was a bit of a panicky evening for me, I had a moment of seriously thinking they would find something wrong today, which then led to me discovering one last HPT that I immediately had to pee on - I think I already covered the part about me being crazy, don't act surprised now! Finally, today has arrived!! I swear this was the longest week waiting for today's u/s. I got to the clinic and it was busy! They kept me waiting a while, which only led to more anxiety. Just show me my blob, damnit!!! Thankfully a good friend was around to chat with me on FB and keep me sane while I waited - I love you for that! They finally called me back and never have I been so excited to drop my pants for a date with the vag cam. My usual tech was very sweet and I was a babbling idiot I think. She told me she would do the measurements first, then turn the screen to show me. I lay there, anxious as she did her thing, dying for her to turn that screen around. Then she says to me, "how many babies do you want?" I said, "I don't know....how many do you see in there?" And that's when she said it: "I see two" Cue the tears. Cue more tears that H isn't here for this! Then she showed me the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen, my sweet little blobs.
We finished up and I went to the exam room to wait for Dr. R. I eventually stopped crying, sitting there trying to email H or catch him on skype, to no avail. Dr. R came in and said everything looks great, everything is exactly where it should be and he was really pleased overall. He did say that they were not able to get all the measurements for Baby B and then slightly cautioned me about the risks of miscarriage, especially with two fighting for resources. He wasn't overly pessimistic, don't get me wrong, but I think he wanted to prepare me, just in case. He also said it's still really early, so that could play into why it was tough to get all the measurements they wanted. I go back next Wed for my next ultrasound and I am super happy that H will get to be there! Especially since they said we'd be likely to hear the heartbeats by then. I'm so glad he won't miss that moment :)
I came home and managed to connect with H on skype - no video or even phone call, just texting, but it was better than nothing. (Damn your shitty internet, Chinese hotel!) His exact response, I believe, was "OMG, are you serious?!?!" And a lot of "holy fucking shit!" In all fairness, it's the middle of the night for him and he's jetlagged, and I just told him I am currently growing TWO babies! We texted for a while, he was so sweet. I think we're both in a happy/excited/nervous/OMG place right now, haha! I just can't wait for him to get home so I can hug him!
So with this news, my pregnancy/labour plan may change. I was planning to go with a midwife, but they won't work with twins as it's a higher risk pregnancy, so even though I was fortunate to get a call this morning, 10 mins before leaving my house, that a clinic had room for me, I quickly called them back with today's news. They will keep me on the list until next week when we see how Baby B is doing. It can be really hard to get on a list, which is why I called the local ones asap, I was actually surprised I got a call back so quickly! I'd say in the last two years, and battling IF, I am definitely a fighter, so hopefully Baby B takes after me and is fighting hard in there! Grow, baby, grow!! Now to keep distracted for another week!
Oh, and apparently the online calculator things that told me how far along I was aren't the same as what my clinic said. My u/s shows 5w2d today, which counts from ET rather than ER. What the hell do I know about this being pregnant stuff anyways though, right?? So I guess I was a little early with my 5 week post last week...I suppose I will readjust to being 3 days behind. And I guess my EDD will also change...ahhh, details. Holy shit, did you guys see? I'm having TWINS?!?!?!?!

I'm so ridiculously giddy for you!!! FX for Baby B to have your fighting spirit. Love you so much!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting! Congratulations! Didn't you only put in 1 embryo? Identical twins is so cool!
ReplyDeleteWe actually transferred two, so we knew it was a possibility but with two years of crap luck I didn't imagine we'd get doubly lucky!!
DeleteYou deserve this happiness! Good luck and enjoy!
DeleteYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I totally started crying reading this post. I am SO SO happy for you love!!!! <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Ever since you posted your betas I've been convinced you were going to have twins (but didn't want to jinx anything)!!!
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaaaaay!!! I love this update so much!!! <3 This is DarcyHermione, for some reason it won't let me log in as me on Wordpress.
ReplyDeleteEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! I love this and can't wait for another update!! One more week!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhh! I am so excited for you! TWINS!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOH EMMMMM GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! TWO baby PB's!!
ReplyDeleteLove love love this!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! this is so wonderful!!
ReplyDelete