**Warning: whining ahead, proceed with caution**
I am super whiny today. I may as well just admit that right off the bat. I went to visit my friend last week, she has twins who will be 2 in Nov. Half way through my visit, she and her FI were talking about how one of the boys had had a fever the night before. Um, really? Your kid has had a fever in the last 24hrs and you invited your pregnant friend over without a heads up or even mentioning it? Ugh, I hate when people fail to mention a sick person when you're going there, or come over sick - please don't spread your germs around!
So Friday night of the last long weekend of the summer, and I feel it - the sore throat. That sign that you pretend to ignore, hoping it will just go away, but nope, it's the sign of what is yet to come. I barely slept that night, or the next night, or the next night. I spent the weekend on the couch nursing my cold, thinking if I just let my body focus on getting better, I could get over this cold quickly. Wishful thinking. By Monday night I asked some PAIF friends about OTC meds because I was just miserable. I also called my OB's office when it opened yesterday morning to confirm what meds I am allowed to take. I took Sudafed yesterday which seemed to help with the congestion a bit, so I was hopeful yet again, that a good night sleep and I'd be on the mend! Except that I woke up at 6am feeling like it has moved into my chest, coughing and having a sneezing fit. I am just so over this. I just want this cold to GTFO already, seriously.
Then I got a call from my GP's office, I had b/w last week to check my thyroid. My levels were off a month ago so we adjusted my meds and the b/w was to see if that helped to bring it back into a normal limit. Apparently not. My TSH is 3.96 which is definitely too high, so they're calling in a new script for me. I know we've been treating this, so that's a plus, but I also did a lot of reading before I got pregnant on the importance of your thyroid during pregnancy and especially already being hypothyroid, I knew I need to keep it in check and have it checked frequently. I guess I'm mostly annoyed because my RE was the first one to drop the ball, I had to ask to check my levels, then stupid me assumed no news was good news like most doctors here, but two weeks later found out it was way too high. Took me 2 weeks to get into my GP to get a new script, 4 weeks to let it do it's thing and have b/w to check, only to find out it's still too high. I really hope it gets under control, it's sort of stressing me out.
Well, I warned you this would be whiny, if you've read all of this, you deserve some eggos, here, I'll share:

Whine away my friend. I remember when I was in 1st tri last time, I had a bad head cold/virus for a solid 3 weeks (wks 7-9) and it was effing MISERABLE. I couldn't sleep, eat, breathe, nothing that I was allowed to take helped, I couldn't stop coughing... It was seriously horrible. I really hope you feel better soon. <3 And I hope the TSH gets under control!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your friend didn't warn you and you haven't been feeling well. I really hope you feel better soon. As for your thyroid, I really hope the new script helps regulate your levels. And thank you for the waffles. I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry sweetie. Your whines are completely valid. I hope the doctors can get their shit together and you start feeling better really soon. <3
ReplyDelete