Friday, 24 January 2014

It's a new day and a new cycle

First, I want to say a very heartfelt thank you to my friends, readers and stalkers for the outpouring of love and support after our failed IUI cycle.  It was a really hard on both of us, but it meant the world to me to know you ladies have my back, it really helped me feel like I'm not alone in all of this, so thank you.

It was a rough week, we thoroughly enjoyed our two-nighter pity party - I swear my H is the most amazing husband and partner.  The day we got the call about our very negative beta, H shows up home early from work so I wouldn't be alone with this:

That man knows the way to my heart!  Flowers, brie and fresh baguette, multiple chocolate options, wine and my favourite vodka coolers.  He is a keeper!

We have been talking a lot about moving forward, we're into Cycle 19, IUI#2 here.  Being OOP has added a whole other level to how unfair IF is.  I'm grateful we have built up our savings, we thought it would be for when we have a baby, not in order to try and have a baby, but at least we have some money saved so we can pursue treatments, which I know is not the case for everyone.  It's infuriating that finances have to even come into this very personal, very emotional conversation at all.  I would like to talk to our clinic to inquire about what their IVF cycles cost, etc.  I am not getting ahead of myself, but being OOP, we want to make sure we're doing the best we can each cycle, and unfortunately there's a little cost-benefit that has to take place.  If #2 fails also, do we pay another $2000-$3000 to try a third IUI, at what point do we put our money toward IVF?  I'm a planner, and especially since finance will play a serious role here, we'd like to know what is down the road so we can be sure to plan accordingly.

Today is a new day, Cycle 19 is officially on the go.  Today I am getting my game face on so I can be ready to do this all over again.  I may try to go in for monitoring on CD5 which would be after our tradeshow, hopefully the clinic is ok with that, it would make my life so much easier next week if I can swing that.




9 comments:

  1. Sending big hugs and love J. Good luck with the trade show! I hope the timing will work out with monitoring on CD5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping with everything you have that you can finally remove "and counting" after this cycle. Your H sounds like such a sweetie - you totally have a keeper. Lots of hugs and love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a big hug Jaytee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great CD1 items. Your H did amazing. I hope you can find peace moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs <3 I'm glad that you're feeling better and ready to move forward. I hope the clinic can work with you on the timing! As you know, being OOP was a big part of why we chose to go with IVF. If you ever want to chat about it, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. Being OOP really adds stress to an already stressful situation. I hope that this cycle is the one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see that you are working through this. Take your time & always remember that you will never walk alone <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're hangin in there this week!! <3

    ReplyDelete