I had an appt again yesterday morning, I should really be earning frequent flyer miles or something, I have been in there every day since last Friday. Anyways, everything was looking good, Dr. R was really happy with my 3 follies: 19,17,17 and my estrogen levels and my lining looked great. (The keener in me is happy I feel like I've aced this cycle so far! lol) They gave me the Ovidrel shot while I was there yesterday morning and told me to come back this morning for IUI.
I won't lie, after 4 days of feeling nauseous and with the anxiety and uncertainty of what to expect from the IUI, I was pretty apprehensive last night. H was amazingly supportive as always, he is such a good man. I started to get really nauseous around 9pm and was worried I would feel sick all night - at least the last few days I felt sick early in the day but it had subsided by evening. I was still feeling iffy by the time I went to bed, I took a couple anti-nausea pills which fortunately make me drowsy as well and managed to fall asleep. By 5:30am I was awake and feeling a little queasy again but thankfully not as bad as yesterday. H and I got up and went to the clinic. While H was giving his sample, they took me for b/w and u/s. I had 3 follies that were all 20mm! I have to say, I found it amusing I was lying there with a dildo cam poking around while H was in another room, doing his thing. Here we are, trying to make a baby and we're not even in the same room! When we were both done, we left the clinic and went to Timmy's to grab a coffee and some breakfast (ok, H got some coffee and breakfast, I had a little gingerale and a tea biscuit), we didn't want to sit in the waiting room for almost an hour. We tried to chat about random stuff, but I was feeling nervous and anxious and had trouble being distracted. My anxiety seems to be getting worse as I get older.
We headed back to the clinic and settled up our bill (ouch! This cycle will cost us about $2100) before they took us back to an exam room. Dr. R, the awesome nurse I like and a medical student came in (the student was at my appt yesterday so I knew she would be there - and who cares, what's one more person looking at my vag anyways!) It honestly was no where near what I thought it would be. It was just like getting a pap. The speculum isn't fun but it's not that bad, and my uterus wasn't quite as retroverted as Dr. R expected, so that sounded like a plus. Anyways, it was over before I knew it! I literally said, "That's it, it's over?" He joked that at least I didn't ask if it was in yet! He is hilarious! We had a good laugh about it all. I asked about H's post wash count - Dr. R said it was excellent, more than 100 million and more than 90% motility. H and is super sperm! Then they left and H and I hung out for 15 minutes or so. The nurse came in to bring me progesterone suppositories - awesome. This is a new one for me. I was told to do one in the morning, two at night starting tomorrow night or Friday morning. Clearly I'm willing to do whatever I have to do, but I am not excited about that part. I was hoping my "work" was done and I could just cruise through the 2ww! Anyways, hopefully it will all be worth it.
Woo hoo! Sounds like it went well. So glad it was not as bad as you were anticipating. :) FX for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear things went smoothly!! FX that this is the cycle for you!!
ReplyDeleteYay - I'm so glad that it went well! FX for you!!!
ReplyDeleteOh J, I am SO SO happy and excited for you!! I really hope this is it for you and am keeping my FX through this whole 2WW! <3
ReplyDeleteYay yay yay!! Sending nice fertile thoughts to you!! Let those swimmers do their job!
ReplyDeleteYay! So excited for you! FX that this is it for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteyes those were all necessary!