Thursday, 20 March 2014

A week from hell

I'm emotionally wrought right now so I'm just going to go over some highlights...or lowlights, as it were.  I tested on Tues and got the faintest of faint lines on a FRER.  Some of my favourite ladies were kind enough to look at the picture and they saw it too!  I was nervous, but was cautiously optimistic.  I have never seen anything before, so this was the brightest spot yet in our IF journey.  I spent the next 24 hours hoping and praying with everything I had.  I let myself be happy, I let myself think maybe, maybe it's finally our turn.  I tested on Wed morning, same thing, the line looked about the same.  I was really hoping for a darker line but was headed in for my beta, so I knew we'd find out soon enough (never soon enough!).  Cut to lunch time, I call and the nurse says it's not great, they wanted at least a 7 and I came in at a 5 and I need to come back the next day.  I tried to remain optimistic but also prepare myself.

I tested again this morning and yet again, there is this very faint line, still no darker then before.  I prayed and prayed and went for more b/w.  When I called for my results, she said it wasn't good, things aren't progressing at all, I asked for my number and she said 6.  This is the exact moment my hopes were crushed and the tears just started flowing.  This one has stung more than any other.  I never had the sliver of hope of a faint line, I have never had the thought, I might actually be pregnant before.  It all just feels so overwhelming right now, and I can't even think about starting all over again next week.  I was thisclose, and now nothing.  Thank goodness for our trip tomorrow, never have I needed an escape, a getaway as much as I do right now.  I just want to go somewhere and pretend for a few days that this isn't my life.

It's not my story to share, so I won't go into details but a very, very dear friend is going through something I can't even imagine right now, my heart is breaking for her.  I don't know if you'll even see this, but I'm going to leave it here in case you do.  While I might not be around as much in the coming week, please know that I will be thinking about you and praying for strength, and sending all of my love, Chickin.  I hope you know how very loved you are and that you are not alone, we are here for you.  Sending so much love to you. <3

6 comments:

  1. Oh, hun. So sorry you had to go through that. Hoping you are able to have a good trip and get away from all of this. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. J, I am so sorry for what you're going through as well. I was so hopeful and happy for you and I'm so sorry that this is happening. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too. I hope that you get your BFP and take home baby very soon. I also hope that you get a chance to relax this weekend and that you have a really nice vacation/birthday weekend with your H. Hugs and love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry lady. I can't imagine the way that would mess with your head. I hope your trip gives you a much needed break. Enjoy yourself. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry J. What a terrible trick. I'm hoping that you get your BFP and take home baby soon. Have a great trip <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you. Thank you. I'm so sorry for what you went through this week too. I hope you are able to have a fantastic birthday trip and take advantage of all the frozen cocktails on the beach :-) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 dig your toes into the sand, and let the waves wash over you. I hope the sun warms your face and recharges your soul. I know good things are in store for you, dear. I'm so sorry that it isn't right now, but I truly believe it is coming <3

    ReplyDelete