Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Half way there...

These two week waits never get any easier!  So.Much.Waiting.Grrrrr!

So this week has been less than fun, physically for me.  I ended up getting that prescription filled on Friday, I was very uncomfortable and was concerned about OHSS and decided it was better to add some more drugs to the mix if it would help.  Guess what??  My insurance actually covered it!!! This is the first thing in our TTC/IF journey that my insurance has paid for and damnit, it feels good to make them pay!  (Random aside about my insurance.  When I was on BC, I was on the patch, which wasn't covered, they only covered pills.  Assholes.  Fast forward to lately.  They don't cover any kind of fertility treatment.  So basically, my insurance wouldn't help me NOT get pregnant and now it won't help me TO get pregnant! Good for nothing...).

I started taking the script, co-cabergoline (dosinex) along with baby aspirin.  Then a funny thing happened.  I finally got some relief in the ovary region but the bloat did not fade, but rather seems to have intensified since the med also has side effects that can effect...ahem, digestion.  It has been a rough week.  So add more pills to the mix, thank you OTC options, but damn this ends up being a shit load of pills!  And then I woke up yesterday so congested I could barely breathe, runny nose - yay, I'm getting sick!  

It's been a week, to say the least.  But what is making it better is that H and I booked a trip!!  We are going to Jamaica for 5 nights over my birthday weekend and I am ecstatic!  I have not had something like this to look forward to in a while, it feels really good to be excited!  We decided to spend 2 nights at a B&B right on the beach, then we'll move about 1km down the road and spend 3 nights in a hotel on the cliffs!  I am so excited!  And H is so sweet, he's been doing all the researching of where to stay, where to eat, what to do, etc.  That's usually what *I* do when we plan vacations, he's really making an effort to do a lot of the planning, which really means so much to me.  He really is an amazing husband and I am truly fortunate and grateful to be his partner <3  Only 7 more days of work and then we're off!!  That should give me just enough time to get over being sick.  I just keep praying it will be a celebratory trip, please give us reason to celebrate and not throw the most epic pity party of all time!  ;)


7 comments:

  1. The TWW never seems to get easier. Yay for being half way there though. Hopefully this next week goes by really quickly and ends with some great news. YAY for a trip to Jamaica. DH and I went there for our honeymoon and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME. Oh I'm so glad you have great birthday plans!! FX for you that this will be an amazing celebratory trip :-D Hope you feel better soon with all the bloat. ((Hugs!!))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you to have a vacation. I'm sure that you guys will have an awesome time either way, but I hope that it's a celebratory vacation! I hope that you're feeling better soon. Hugs and FX!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that your pill collection is getting bigger and bigger, but I'm glad to hear that your ovaries are getting some well deserved relief. They've been working hard! I'm so jealous of your vacation plans! Sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon!! And Jamaica sounds sooo amazing - I'm so jealous! I'm sure that will be an amazing way to spend your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you guys will be celebrating more than just your birthday on your trip! Hope you feel better soon and your pill collection starts getting better. What part of Jamaica are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vacation sounds like exactly what you need. I have everything crossed that this will be the most awesome birthday ever for you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete