They gave me the Ovidrel shot while I was there, and I did a little happy dance for the last injection of the cycle, hooray! I have to say, I was a little with that many follies, I was hoping for 3-4, but the RE was happy and confident with my report. She also said that apparently 75% of mature follies actually contain eggs - I had no idea about that! Then she also said they aren't all likely to be good quality, and obviously are not all likely to fertilize. So what we do know is we have lots of targets!
H & I went in this morning for IUI#3, part 1. It was busy in there this morning, so it was a little slower than usual, but it was still fine. H did his thing, I had my b/w and u/s. The tech did a crappy job with the b/w again this morning, right when she stuck me I immediately felt a tingly sensation in my wrist and forearm. She was more apologetic this time than the last time, I guess that's something...? Anyways, we did our usual Timmy's date while waiting to go back to the clinic for the spermination portion of the morning.
I made extra sure to verify it was H's sample, the waiting room was full today, I'm not taking any chances, haha! As usual, H's numbers were awesome - post wash was >100 mil, >80% motility. I'm feeling ok for the most part. The RE did tell me I could take some tylenol tonight if I need to because I guess with all those follies, she's thinking I could have some serious O pains. She also recommended I drink Powerade to help with the bloat. Apparently if I'm feeling crampy and shitty tomorrow, there is a medication they can give that helps simmer your ovaries down - who knew?! It's a good option, but she did say it was pricey, and since this cycle is already a $2000 bill...we'll see, hopefully it's not that bad and I can just tough it out.
So spermination the first, down, spermination part two tomorrow! PLEASE let me get the bestest birthday present ever this month!
Yay for having IUI#3 part 1 today! I am also hoping you have the best birthday ever this year... <3 FX!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed so very hard for you pretty lady!!! Let's go ovaries and follies - do yo thang!
ReplyDeleteYay for a great IUI part 1. I've got everything crossed so hard for you and this cycle!
ReplyDeleteYay for a great IUI part 1! FX you get the best birthday present ever!
ReplyDeleteHope everything went well this morning! I am sending you so much luck and love this cycle. <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteI"m hoping this cycle is the ONE!!!! FX good luck!!
ReplyDelete