Tuesday, 29 July 2014

From Gummy Bears to Babies

We had our last* appt with the RE this morning, I was so excited to see the babies again!  My excitement was slightly squashed when they were 45 mins late for my appt.  Grrrrrr.  Doctors and their inability to be on time, it drives me crazy!  But they finally called us in, like literally moments before H was going to give up and head to work.  And then all of that annoyed, irritation just melted away.  It was by far the coolest u/s so far!  They actually look like babies!  With arms and legs, more straightened out than they had been before.  Baby A was having a little dance party in there, wiggling around!  It was seriously amazing to watch our baby looking and acting like a baby!  Baby B on the other hand was snoozing away, sucking on it's thumb.  I can't help but laugh at the parallels - Baby A having a dance party - all me, while Baby B, sleeping away, is all H!  My heart was ready to burst watching them, it was just so amazing!  All these weeks we've been watching them grow and it's been incredible to see them getting bigger and more defined.  But today, today they really looked like babies, doing baby things!

 

Then H had to run to get to work and I saw Dr. R, and a student.  He came in, went over my history a little with the student.  He told me the babies have been growing and progressing just perfectly!  He also mentioned that I need to keep an eye on my thyroid during pregnancy - duh, I've been asking you about that all along!  Then he basically wished me well and told me to stop by and say hi throughout my pregnancy!  Easy enough since my OB is just upstairs :)  It was so surreal, walking out of there for possibly the last time as a patient.  I've been looking forward to this day for almost a whole year, it's just mind boggling to me that it's actually here.

I meet my new OB next Thurs, I really hope that I like her.  I just really want to feel like she listens to me and hears me out.  I also really hope she'll actually be around when I deliver in Feb!  *My RE's office did say that if I have trouble scheduling my NT Scan with the new OB, they can do it for me.  When I meet the OB that will be 12 weeks, so time is of the essence, so I feel a little better with a plan b.  Especially since it's giftshow time at work again, and there are a few days that I really cannot make an appt.  So I guess I'm a regular pregnant woman now?  Regular with twins, that is!  But still...what a crazy but awesome thought.

7 comments:

  1. So glad the babies are growing perfectly!! It's so exciting to see them looking like actual babies :-) Yay! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! They are so itty bitty and cute! Glad to hear everything is going well and that you've graduated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for graduation!! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What little cuties! Happy graduation day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hai jaytee's babies! I'm excited for you and Happy graduation day! 12 weeks will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am crying reading this post - it's just so beautiful!! I'm so happy for you, Mama! Congrats on your Graduation Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything is going so well!! Hopefully from here on our you'll have a nice, healthy, routine pregnancy.(with twins) <3

    ReplyDelete