Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Gummy bears!! Sort of :)

H and I have been eagerly awaiting Wed morning, so excited to go see our babies again.  Just after I got up, and moments before H left for work, the clinic called and said they had a cancellation, did I want to come in this morning.  Um, don't have to ask me twice!  I went running down the stairs while calling H's cell trying to get him before he left.  I did, thankfully, had the fastest shower I could manage and off we went!  I was extra happy about this since I had some spotting yesterday, and while I know spotting is common and blah, blah, blah, it still freaked me out, so I was super happy to get in a day earlier to see the babies.

In we went, up on the table - hello vag cam, it's been a couple weeks :)  H looked awkward, as he usually does when we get started.  The man should be used to this by now, being there while people are all up in my stuff.  I couldn't help but snicker a little.  Both babies are looking great, they both had heartbeats of 179, nice and strong!  After taking all of the measurements, the tech turned the screen and there they were, our little gummy bears!  You could really start to see the head, she even pointed out that you can see the dark mass inside which is the brain forming - how cool is that??  We could start to see the little limbs forming.  We saw the heartbeats fluttering away.  It was truly a beautiful sight.  The tech asked if I had any spotting, I said yes I did yesterday, and she mentioned a small blood clot close to my cervix.  She said it's really no big deal, but don't panic because there will likely be more spotting as a result.  Ok, as long as I know babies are ok and to expect this, I will not freak out.

I have not stopped staring at these pictures all day, it's so amazing to see the change from u/s to u/s, I am truly humbled and blown away by this process.  They are so tiny, yet already have so many complexities and are developing and growing so quickly.  It may sound cheesy, but it truly is a miracle to witness this, to be apart of this.  I am just so grateful.  Here they are, you get a head on shot with splayed little limbs from Baby A and a nice profile pic from Baby B, and of course one of them together.  Yup, I'm going to AW it up.  This is my blog after all.  Babies!!!!!  <3


 


8 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great heartbeats and super cute little gummy bears! I love them <3 I need to know what's next though! Did you graduate yet? When is your next appointment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not yet. I go back July 29 for what I think will be my last appt there, though they didn't specifically say that the timing would be right. Now I'm on the hunt for a good OB!

      Delete
  3. Hello sweet babies!! It's so amazing how much they have grown and changed!!

    It's so nice you were able to get reassurance on your spotting, but it is scary no matter what.

    I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 your little gummy bears!! Glad you were able to get some reassurance after the spotting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hello little gummy bears! I love this post so much! Glad to hear everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete