Thursday, 11 September 2014

17 weeks!

How far along:  17 weeks
Babies are the size of:  Onions
What's happening:  Their rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone, they are also putting on some fat now.  Mastered some simple reflexes like swallowing, sucking and blinking.
Maternity Clothes:  Some pieces since they're comfy, especially to go out and look decent, haha, but working at home it's mostly sweats here.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep:  Some nights are better than others.  
Symptoms: Headaches have been the worst/most annoying symptom.  For example, this one started last night at 8pm...then I woke up and it was still there.  By lunch time it has just dissipated - we'll see for how long.  I've also got some back pain.
Best Moment of the Week:  Hearing the heartbeats at the OB on Tues and getting the results from our 1st tri screening :)
Miss Anything:  Not being out of breath after 2 flights of stairs!  
Cravings/Aversions:  Random things here and there, this week I really wanted potatoes.  And Fudgeeo's.  Told you it's random.
Showing Yet: I feel like I'm really starting to expand quickly.  And this will be even bigger by night time, after dinner, haha.  Some shirts really make it look bigger too, I've noticed.
Mood: Pretty good overall.  As a planner, it surprises me that we have done so little in preparation for these babies, I blame IF brain for not wanting to do much early on, but now all of a sudden I'm feeling the need to get going, especially on physical things I may not want to do later, like paint the nursery.  I'm nervous to do things too early still, but I also don't want to put off doing everything and then realize I'm huge and don't want to paint or put cribs together, haha.  We are still working on purging and making space, so at least that's something.
What I am Looking Forward to:  Our a/s is booked for Sept 29!  I am praying to see two healthy wiggling babies (but not too wiggly, so we get all the measurements) who are willing to cooperate, because I am eager to find out who's in there!

17 weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Look at your adorable bump!! Ahhh I love it!!

    And your a/s is way too far away, how are we going to wait 18 more days????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're smuggling 2 onions in that adorable little bump!
    I hope the headaches go away soon. Glad you are feeling better cold-wise though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Jaytee!!!! You look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so adorable Jaytee! I;m so excited for your 2 little onions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hai Onions!! Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete