Tuesday, 9 September 2014

This and that

I finally saw my OB today, it's been 3 weeks since I've seen the babies (since my NT Scna) and my IF brain started to run away with me.  I started getting nervous and paranoid and was just really looking forward to getting some reassurance today.  Fortunately my OB didn't keep me waiting too long (just regular doctor late, cause aren't they always?) and she started by going over my first tri screening results.  Everything looks great, came back in normal ranges, low odds for any issues and the NT measurement looked perfect.  Whew!  That was so good to hear.  I know it still doesn't offer any guarantees, but I'll take it!  Then we went over more b/w, everything is looking good, besides of course my thyroid but we're working on that.  Then, on to the fun part - up on the table (pants on!  I still get excited about this!) and out came the doppler.  And then I heard it, the perfect, most amazing sound ever - babies' heartbeats.  I'm not sure there is anything else that can possibly sound that good.  It was so reassuring to hear them beating away, both around 150, so nice and strong.  I felt like I could breath a sigh of relief.  Babies are still in there, hearts beating and doing well.  I am a happy woman :)

We will also be booking my a/s, the nurse is booking the appt and should be calling with the date/time (any time now).  They wrote down week 18, so hopefully it will be soon and I don't have to wait too long to see the babies again.  There's a little part of me that's nervous, of course I'm just praying that everything looks good for both babies, but I'm trying to focus on the positives, especially after a good morning.  I am also hoping that they cooperate so we can find out who's in there!  I have had one very vivid dream where we had one boy and one girl, and a second dream where I remember saying, "well we at least know that one is a girl".  I have no idea if that amounts to anything or not, but I'm definitely eager to find out what we're having.

On another note, we went to one of my BFF's engagement party on Sat night, lots of girls I went to high school with who I wouldn't quite describe as my friends, but acquaintances; we only see each other because of my BFF.  Anyways, it was the first really public setting in which news of my pregnancy was out there.  It was a little overwhelming, everyone was asking us questions and congratulating us, asking if twins run in the family (some I brushed it off, a few I was a little more open with), lots of bump touching!  I have to say it was all a little strange.  Not in a bad way necessarily, it was just the most public we've been about my pregnancy and it took a little adjusting to realize this isn't much of a secret anymore!  But with this growing bump, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a secret to anyone we see in the near future anyways!

Update: Anatomy scan scheduled for Sept 29 - 20 days and counting!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a great appointment and all good measurements and results!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see who your little avocados are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear your appointment went well and that the babies are doing great! Looking forward to hearing about your anatomy scan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the great results and appointment! I am so excited for your anatomy scan. FX and prayers that your babies are perfect and healthy and that they're not shy at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great results!! I hope the news from your a/s goes just as well!

    ReplyDelete