Thursday, 13 November 2014

26 Weeks!

How far along:  26 weeks!
Babies are the size of:  Head of lettuce.  Twin website says they're about 14" long now.
What's happening:  Eyes are forming and will soon start to open.  Eyelashes are grown now too!  They're also soaking up my antibodies to get their immune systems ready for the real world.  And they're breathing in amniotic fluid for practice.
Maternity Clothes:  I am wearing some regular clothes still but definitely mostly maternity clothes.  I recently realize I have one pair of PJs that still fit, haha.
Stretch Marks: Nope, knock on wood.
Sleep:  This is always a fun one.  It's honestly hit or miss, some nights better than others.  I have been sleeping well for the first few hours, but after I get up to pee, it's usually downhill from there.  It's hard to roll over and continually readjust the pillows necessary to be comfy.
Symptoms: Oh the pregnancy brain!  I honestly don't think I've ever been this dumb before!  I can't remember what I'm talking about, why I went (all the way) upstairs, if I already told you about the thing that happened earlier...it's bad.  I also can't seem to remember that I don't fit in places I used to fit.  I used to be able to fit between that door and the counter, but as I bounce off of it, I remember I no longer fit there!  The heartburn comes and goes, but honestly it's better than it was a few weeks ago, so score on that!  Oh, and the BH are a fairly common occurrence also.
Best Moment of the Week:  Please see last AW post, haha!  The nursery and the prenatal classes were definitely the highlight.  We also got our City Select Jogger this week, woo hoo!!  And I found a DSNG stroller for like, half price that I'm going to pick up tonight, provided it looks to be in good shape!  Yay for a deal!!
Scrap that!!  My doorbell just rang and I got two packages delivered that I was not expecting.  I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to open them, or if they're shower gifts and I'm supposed to bring them??  Well curiosity got the best of me so I opened them.  One of them is from My Person!!  I don't even think I can call her an "internet friend", she is so much more than that.  She has been my rock through everything, she has been here for me through the worst times in my life, she has been my shoulder to cry on, my word of encouragement, someone who has celebrated the good times with me.  She has become such an important and very dear friend, even though we've never actually been able to meet in person (this IS on my to do list!!).  I can't even believe she sent me a shower gift, I am over here crying like a baby at her thoughtfulness and kindness.  If you're reading this - thank you and I love you <3 <3 <3


Miss Anything:  Sleep.
Cravings/Aversions:  Baked goods.  This week was butter tarts, and I may have gone out last night to get mini cupcakes.  I'm staying away from chocolate for a bit, I think it makes my heartburn worse, but I need to satisfy my sweet tooth!
Showing Yet: I have really grown in the last couple of weeks!
Mood: Emotional, haha.  I am feeling less stressed after our super productive weekend.  We are doing our hospital tour next week, we are hoping to get the new blinds for the nursery on Sat and then it's my shower on Sun.  MY BABY SHOWER, as in, for me, and my babies.  Holy crap!  I can't quite believe it.  I dreamt about these babies, I prayed for them, I worked really hard to make them and now we're at this point, of getting together with family and friends to celebrate them.  It's blowing my mind that I'm going to MY shower this weekend.  And we circle back to the sappy part!
What I am Looking Forward to:  Oh, I guess I already did this one above - my shower!  And more nursery decorating - the hard part is mostly done in there, now it's the fun part!!
26 Weeks!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you that your baby shower is THIS WEEKEND!!! I hope you have a fantastic time and soak it all in. This is YOUR baby shower for YOUR babies!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh baby shower weekend!! I hope you have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing and I love this outfit. I can't wait to hear all about YOUR baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! I am SO excited you had your baby shower! How fun! I hope you had the most amazing time -- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete