Thursday, 12 September 2013
Too Much
I feel like I'm drowning. You know how people often say, "When it rains, it pours", well it's been raining so hard it feels like a flood. I have been having a lot of tough IF days recently. I really thought I would feel so much better once we started with the RE, but I'm finding myself grieving for the way I thought this would go. I thought TTC would be fun. I thought I'd get pregnant on my own. I thought I knew how to be my own advocate. I thought a lot of things that aren't really playing out as I had planned. Don't get me wrong, I'm not moping around all day every day, but I've had a lot of moments where it just hits me that this all really sucks.
The situation with my parents seems to have come to a head, and it's not good. He wants out. After a 40 year relationship, he's ready to call it quits. I am fuming mad at him, I am angry that he's breaking up our family, I'm angry that he didn't even seem to try, to put in any effort to work on making things better. I'm heart broken for my mom who has been trying so hard to fight for their marriage. I can't imagine 40 years from now being in love with my husband and willing to do anything and everything to keep it going and for him to just say, "I don't want this anymore". I have looked at their relationship with love and admiration for years. They have not had it easy. My father has had more than his fair share of health issues, I have seen them pull through what I thought were the worst times for our family. I don't understand how they can make it through all of that and he's still just willing to walk away? H & I are trying to hard to start our family and yet my family is crumbling into pieces. I can't believe I'm even writing all of this here, but I can't bear to say these words out loud but I feel like I'll explode if I keep it all inside.
I am devastated. I could really use a break at some point here because this is all feeling like too much to handle. I just want H to come home so I can curl up in his arms while he tells me it's all going to be ok. This is going to be a long afternoon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so sorry J. My heart hurts for you, I wish there was something to do or say to make it better. Your family will be in my thoughts. Know that you have a right to be mad and feel betrayed and it's ok to FEEL the feeling's. You have a right to grieve for what is being taken away from you, and the destruction of not only your family but the image you had/have of a strong union. It's ok to take a break for sanity's sake love. Do some self-care, ugly cry, and let your husband know how much you just need to lean on him right now. I love you sweet lady <3 and I am so sorry you are going through all of this on top of rough IF days.
ReplyDelete<3Kassie
Ohh J I am so sorry! I can't imagine what you are going through. If you ever need to vent or talk you can always message me. Big hugs Friend.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry sweetie! Sending you and your mom some positive vibes! Hugs! I am here if you need to talk!
ReplyDelete((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're going through all this.
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry you are going through all of this. IF is hard enough to go through, much less other family issues. ((HUGS!!))
ReplyDeleteOh J, I am so sorry you are feeling like this. You know that I'm here if you ever need to talk. <3 Big ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I'm a little surprised I dished all of this here, but you ladies have made me not regret it. Thank you for all of your support and kind words, it truly means so much to me. <3 you guys.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're going through this all it once. IF is almost unbearably tough on its own, but losing the image of what family has always been/meant for you makes it so much worse.
ReplyDeleteJ, I am so sorry to hear about your family. My parents just divorced after 23 years. Sort of the same situation, my dad pretty much walked away without a second thought on trying to fix their problems. I share your pain in feeling like your family has fallen to pieces. If you ever want to talk, you are more than welcome to write me.
ReplyDeleteIt's even tougher when you are trying to get your family started but have the weight of your family crumbling on your shoulders. I hope your IF journey comes to an end soon. I am hoping you get a good plan with RE and continue on your journey to a family.
Just remember, what happened to your parents is not your fault. That was one of my main issues, blaming myself for their falling out. <3
Oh J, I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. I'm glad that you know you can share this with us and have some extra people to lean on. Hugs <3
ReplyDelete