Monday, 16 September 2013

Two Years

Today I am going to put aside all of the crap that life has recently thrown my way and just be happy.  Two years ago today, I married the love of my life.  Looking back, it seems both so long ago, and yet also like it was just yesterday.  I know it sounds so cliche, but it really was the happiest day of my life.  Going through IF and my family drama lately makes me so much more grateful for the wonderful man that I have found as my partner in life.  He is good and kind, smart and funny, compassionate and loving.  He makes me smile with just a passing thought of him, he makes me laugh until my sides hurt, he makes me feel more loved than I ever dreamed possible.  Today I remember just how lucky I am to have found my other half.  So I'm going to take a little stroll down memory lane, and any time my mind starts to wander back to all of the shit I have to deal with, I will bring myself back to here, at least for today.


   




   


I, Jen, choose you, "H", to be my husband
I promise to always believe in you and believe in us as we grow together
I promise to be faithful and honest with you, and to always love you the way you are
I promise to always stand beside you before life’s challenges, for together we can overcome anything
These things I promise to you, always and forever.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jen! You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day. I hate that we're sailing in this ship together, but Lord knows our marriages will be ROCK SOLID when we come out on the other side of this battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your pictures are so beautiful! Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I LOVE the one of you guys dancing...

    I love the line in your vows: "together we can overcome anything" - you guys will definitely overcome this together! So glad you have such a wonderful hubby.

    Hope you are having a fabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete