Tuesday, 29 October 2013

For the love of lists!


Ok, so I'm still pissed about this cycle and my lack of monitoring, at the most important times, nonetheless.  I am trying to put that aside and figure out what I, and we (my clinic) can learn from this disastrous cycle.  I have two main areas of concern that I'm going to outline here, so I can get my thoughts straight  before my appt on Thurs (and if any of my awesome friends or stalkers have any to add, please feel free!).  Two main areas of concern a) my monitoring, and b) my response to the Letrozole.

Monitoring:
  1. How did they confirm O?
  2. What was my progesterone levels on the Tues & Fri after I was told I had O'd?
  3. When I was in on Friday, I think Dr. R said my progesterone from the previous Fri was 0.5, which didn't seem to support the notion I had actually O'd.  Who reviewed my b/w that day and decided I had O'd?  It seems Dr. R took one look and wasn't convinced of O, so who made the decision to not follow up on this?  (And can they never get the final say again?!)
  4. Dr. R mentioned that the u/s after my supposed O was "cloudy" (I think that's what he said, I was pretty shocked and upset as he was talking to me) - why didn't anyone mention that at the time?  What does that even mean, anyways?
  5. If there was any doubt about O, why wasn't I contacted and brought back in for more monitoring the following week?  It's not like I hadn't had a ton of u/s and b/w appts already, what's a couple more?
  6. Also, if unsure at all, why not give me another u/s on that Friday, rather than just the b/w?
  7. I'm also pissed because they say the stats are good on people getting KU the cycle of, or just after, and SHG - this makes me extra mad.  I realize it's not a question, but I'm extra disappointed that I went through that (which was brutal) and this cycle is almost certainly a bust - we have a very slim chance
  8.  What will happen next cycle to ensure I am not incorrectly told that O was confirmed?  (I already plan on sticking with temping and OPKs - they told me once they started monitoring me I could ditch those, but I no longer feel good about that decision and am kicking myself for not doing it this cycle - so much for handing over control to them!)
Letrozole
  1. My mid-cycle u/s's had seemed to indicate things were progressing ok, in retrospect, what do you think now?
  2. I normally O between CD18-21.  How does it make sense that taking Letrozole seemed to delay O until CD25?  (that's still iffy too!)
  3. What is the plan for next cycle then?  Increase the dosage?  Add a trigger?  
Sometimes I just need to remind myself to stay positive and hopeful, as hard as that can sometimes be, which is why I took a browse through my secret IF Pinterest board to read some encouraging quotes.  Fake it til you make it, right?


*Updates in green

2 comments:

  1. Great lists J. I really hope you get some good answers out of them on Thursday! You deserve great care and I hope they bend over backwards to make sure you get it next cycle. As for the Letrozole, I am not sure about the timing of O with that one, but I do know that Clomid can delay O so maybe the Let can too?
    Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists rule. I'm still pretty angry for you. They had better answer all of these questions and give you good reason to feel comfortable and confident with them again. I haven't been through this, but I think if I was in your shoes I would definitely be demanding a trigger and post-O ultrasound. I know just b/w is the standard, but b/w isn't a guarantee and you deserve that this time. Hugs and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete