Monday, 7 October 2013

Tubes are clear!

First, I have to say that Saturday was exhaustingly amazing!!!  Les Mis was Fan-Freaking-Tastic!!!!  I love that musical so much, the cast was phenomenal, we were all blown away.  Worth every penny and then some!  Leafs game rocked!!!  We had amazing seats, right at centre ice, row 21.  It was a super exciting game, ended 4-4 in the third, so we went to OT.  Remained tied.  Into shoot outs - Leafs win!!!!  It was amazing!  I spent Sunday on the couch from an excitement hangover, if you will ;)

That brings me to today.  Nobody really likes Monday mornings to begin with, but this one...well, it was extra sucky.  I had my SHG this morning.  I got there, did my b/w and tv u/s.  I was pretty chill going in, all things considered.  I took my advil in the morning.  It was actually brutal.  I have a pretty high threshold for pain, but that was really shittastic.  I have no idea if it made a difference, Dr. R didn't really indicate that it would, but when they did the initial u/s, the found my uterus was retroverted and flipped around.  He said it just meant a different path for him, but it shouldn't make a difference, but who knows.  Everyone I spoke to had a different experience.  The nurses were so sweet, one had her hand on my knee as the catheter was going in, it was comforting.  The other one let me squeeze her hand when the saline was going in because it hurt like a mother*#^&$^.  I also started having a hot flash mid way through, so she helped me get my sweater off.  I literally felt like this during the procedure:


It really helped that everyone was so kind and compassionate, letting me hold their hand and talking me through things.  The bedside manner was top notch.  When it was all done, I mentioned that my arms were feeling pretty tingly and he took my pulse, said I had some bradycardia going on (low heart rate) which cause the tingling, and also the dizziness when I first sat up.  So yeah, overall, it fucking sucked!  But the good news after all that is that there are no blockages!  Tubes are clear, and I don't have to do that again - hooray!

I saw the screen for my right ovary, follies were 1.03cm, 0.84 and 0.53.  In our post-SHG chat, Dr. R mentioned a 1cm-ish one on the left too.  I am going back Thurs for monitoring.  Dr. R said that should hopefully be close to O.  That would be awesome, I've never O'd earlier than CD18, it would be nice to have a shorter cycle, less waiting!!  I didn't get more info from him as I felt like shit and was really crampy, but I'll find out more on Thurs.  Here's to hoping for some good follies!!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had an awesome weekend and that everything was okay today (despite the suckiness of the test)! FX that your follies are big and strong and ready to go on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo to clear tubes! One hurdle down!
    Also, I think I had another friend at that Leaf's game too! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they were wearing the right jersey!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Fill and spill is the best :) Hope your follies get to growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the "all clear" today. Sorry it hurt like a mofo though :( But at least it is OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! So sorry it sucked but I'm so happy for you that it's over and clear tubes! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete