From our bi-annual tradeshow, that is. I have been attending and working at these tradeshows since I was about 13 or 14. I grew up in the industry (wholesale) working at my uncle and my dad's company, so I've been doing this a long time, in a couple different capacities. I used to be a vendor, so our company would go and set up a booth and retailers come and place orders. Now, I work for a small software company and we go to provide IT support to our clients who have booth space and use our program to scan and place their orders. Generally speaking, I like attending these shows. They are long and tiring days, but I get to see people I haven't seen in 6 months since the last show, and I get to meet people I talk to on the phone regularly, it's always nice to put a face to a name. In all these years, this was probably the first time I was really dreading going because of all of the personal family drama. Tradeshows have always been a "me and my dad" thing, it's just ours. We would bore my mom and H talking shop, it's always been something special that we share. I would look forward to stopping by his booth, bringing him a Timmy's in the morning, chatting about how the show's going, who's he's seen and run into, etc. This was not the case this year. I spent the show actively avoiding him, feeling super anxious about running into him - it was a first, and it was awful. I should take a step back.
My family drama is....practically a soap opera. I honestly cannot believe that this is my life, my family, my parents. In the last month, a lot of shit has come out, things my father has done, the many, many lies he has told. It is heartbreaking to think about my dad and realize he is not the person I thought he was. I wrote a post about my dad on Father's Day last year, and now I am not even sure who this person is. I always valued that he was honest, has integrity, valued his family - and now I can't say that is true. I think this might be the end of my parents, after 40 years of marriage. I am sick about it all. I am really close to my parents, like H and I used to go for Sunday dinners every week, we enjoyed hanging out with them, we all got along so well. And now my family is falling apart, my mom is a mess, I have no idea how I will ever repair the relationship with my father. And all of this is happening while I am doing everything in my power to start my family. It is confusing and hurtful and it is adding so much stress and anxiety to my life right now, I'm honestly having a hard time figuring out how to process and deal with all of this. I feel like my life is so far out of my control, and that terrifies a control freak like me.
So this week was maxing out on work stress, amplified by avoiding my dad, dealing with my parents shit and starting a new cycle. Here we are, cycle 19! I am on day three of injects now, we are doing the same protocol as last cycle since it really did go so well....right until the end, of course. 10 units of Lupron and 150 units of Puregon and I will go back in tomorrow to see how those follies are coming along. I was super excited that it looks like I should have enough Lupron left from last cycle to get me through this one - that is a good victory when you're OOP! It's, of course, not the more expensive drug, but I'll take what I can get! I was really worried about having side effects like I did last cycle, and more so having them during the show. I am super happy to have made it through the show, I had a couple moments of nausea but it passed. I half expected to wake up feeling sick this morning, what a pleasant surprise to wake up and feel ok! Knock on wood, let's not jinx it, I'm not done yet. Let's hope for a good appt tomorrow!
My fingers are crossed for a great appt tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that the family drama has escalated so much. I can imagine it is nearly impossible to wrap your head around the fact that everything you thought you knew might not actually be the case. I'm so sorry it's stressing you out and that this nice memory of a time that was always just you and your Dad's isn't the same as it used to be. I'm sending you big hugs and strength as you get through this (and you WILL get through this). Life can be so unfair and so unpredictable and I'm sorry you are going through this shitstorm right now.
Sending my love J.
I'm so sorry that your family is experiencing so much drama right now! You don't need that stress added to your plate.
ReplyDeleteI am really hoping that through all the drama, your miracle still makes an appearance and that will make everything else pale in comparison! <3
J you are so strong. I'm so sorry that you have so much on your plate right now - it really seems like life is coming at you from all angles.
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of you lots and hope that your appointment goes well tomorrow. Much love sweetie.
Oh J, I am so sorry to hear about all that you are going through with your family. I'm so sorry that this is happening on top of everything else. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, but I know that you are strong enough to get through it. I'm always here if you need anything <3
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new cycle! FX for you!
Sending you lots of hugs, luck, and love as always!!!
ReplyDelete