Monday, 3 February 2014

Holding Pattern

I kept up with my injects through the weekend, 6 days, and had a follow up this morning.  I have a 19 and a 17 that are mature and a couple of 14s hanging around.  I saw the tech writing down a lot and got worried there might be too many follies, so while I waited for the RE, I ninja'd my chart!

 
I'm guessing the ones in brackets are some of my disappearing follies I always seem to have?  They didn't count those.  Dr. C told me to stop the stims but to take 10 units of Lupron today so we can ensure I don't O before the IUI.  While I was hoping to only have to do the trigger today, then be done with injections for a couple of weeks, I'm still glad I only had to do one!  I definitely had more bruising this cycle, to be expected since I did injects for a longer period of time.  But I am definitely looking forward to a break from the tummy stabbing.  This is a candid account of my IF journey, bruises and all (I'll show this to our kid one day and say, look at all I did for you!  Kidding...well...maybe).  So here it is, for the whole interwebz to see...my bruised tummy - and the pic barely does it justice, but it is a part of this journey and will so be documented.  So I go back in tomorrow to see if the 17 got bigger and if either of the 14s were able to catch up, then we'll trigger.  We are doing IUIs on Wed and Thurs - so nice to know ahead of time that we're doing two!

I'm definitely feeling much better this time around.  I had only a few bouts of nausea and some joint ache/pain but not even worth mentioning after last cycle!  I wouldn't be surprised if I exacerbated things last cycle, being anxious and nervous - I have a history of contributing to my own nausea, which happens randomly and somewhat frequently.  I am just so grateful that it wasn't nearly that bad again.  I am also much less worried about the IUIs, now that I know how easy and smooth it went last time.  Which is good, since I'm not sure H will come for both days.  It's easy enough for him to show up a little late one day, but two days in a row is tougher, and he hasn't told anyone at work about our IF.  He'll come with me on Wed and if things are smooth sailing, I think I'll be ok to go alone on Thurs.  I just never imagined getting sperminated without him even in the room!  But hey, none of this is how I envisioned it when we started out, just as long as we get our baby, it will all be worth it.





3 comments:

  1. Oh heeeyyy...I'm into the belly shot ;) I'm sorry it's all bruised though. It sounds like you made great progress and I'm glad you're feeling better this cycle! Hopefully you can take a nice loooong break from the injects after this trigger. FX for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a cute belly button, lol :) Rooting for you every step of the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the heck did I miss this post complete with belly pic??!! My stalker skills are lacking lately!

    I'm so glad to hear that the side effects were better this time. And REALLY glad that the shots are over! GL with B2B IUIs!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete