Today is CD9 and I had a follie check this morning, after 4 days of stims. I was eager to see how things were progressing since we lowered my stims a bit (150,75,150,75). I was hoping for some good follies but not too many. If I'm being completely honest, I think we over stimmed last cycle, had too many follies and I think that is also why I had such a hard time post IUI with some mild OHSS symptoms. It was also with Dr. C, whom I don't particularly like and I don't trust her as much. I am glad that Dr. R is around this week and apparently not going anywhere, because I feel so much better in his care.
As per usual, I totally ninja'd my chart and snapped a pic so I could look again later, it's hard to remember all those numbers! I put my chart back, looked down the hall and my favourite nurse was looking at me, I just smiled like a kid with their hand caught in the cookie jar and ducked back into the exam room to wait for Dr. R. So, not as ninjatastic today, but it got the job done! I currently have 3x15s,13,12. Dr. R is really happy with this, a much more controlled response than last cycle. I was also pretty happy with the report today, much less apprehensive than looking at allllll those follies from last cycle! I did another 75 Puregon/10 Lupron again today and I will be back in tomorrow for another check. Hopefully things look good and we can trigger for IUI Wed/Thurs.
As for the weekend, it was pretty good overall. We had a family dinner/birthday cake thing with my parents, my brother and his 6 month pregnant GF and my nephew (he'll be 2 in June). It was a nice time, always good to see them. I made it through most of the visit ok, until my mom said something to my SIL (minus the law part) about how both of them had their first kid, a boy, at 26 and their second at 28 so that must mean SIL is having a girl (they're team green). I can't fault my mom for being excited about another grandbaby on the way, and I know she is probably hoping for a girl, but it just sucked a little to be sitting in the middle of that, having just turned 30 and trying desperately to join the "I have a baby" club. And the pettiest part: I "joked" to my mom not that long ago that I secretly want them to have a boy so that I can have the first girl, I didn't get the first grandbaby, I want a first, damnit! Then I look at my nephew running around, too cute for words, and I think, "we have literally been trying to get pregnant for as long as he's been alive". Sigh.
Ok, that's all for my sad IF stuff today, because today I have some good follies, I don't have that many injects left this cycle, we're gearing up for IUI#4 and I'm feeling optimistic. Please let this be lucky #4!

I just read this at 2:22. That's a good sign, right?! I have my FX hard for you, love!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you're feeling good about this cycle. I hope that everything looks great and ready to go tomorrow. FX for you!!
ReplyDelete<3 you!
ReplyDeleteHope everything looks god tomorrow!!
Glad you're having a more controlled response!! FX for IUI #4!
ReplyDeleteThings are shaping up beautifully! I love the way you ninja your chart every time :) Even if you might have gotten caught, lol. And about your mother's comments... I'm so sorry. She didn't mean it to hurt you, but I would've been hurt by it too. It's just beyond her comprehension as a non-infertile. Love you dear
ReplyDeleteYay! Sounds like things are progressing perfectly! Keeping everything crossed for you. Doing my good luck dance for you! ::shake shake wiggle wiggle::
ReplyDelete