Thursday, 10 July 2014

8 Weeks!

How far along:  8 weeks
Babies are the size of:  Raspberries
What's happening: Babies are moving those arms and legs like crazy!  Their fingers and toes are now only slightly webbed, and the tail (yes, there was one) is gone.  Fun fact: taste buds are forming!
Weight change: +1.8lbs (not sure I'm liking this scale idea...)
Maternity Clothes: Nope, just whatever is comfortable with the bloat, which is crazy by night
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep:  So tired.  Sleeping ok, but having seriously bizarre dreams.
Symptoms: Tired, bloated, sore boobs, easily short of breath, some bouts of nausea but (knock on wood) it hasn't been too bad.  My stomach has been bothering me this week.  It's like a full, bloated, gassy, uncomfortable feeling.  It's not terrible, but definitely not awesome either.  And irritable, so irritable at work lately.  Lots of people added to the Asshole List, right Cici??  ;)
Best Moment of the Week:  We are anxiously awaiting next week's u/s so it's been a quiet week.  H was really cute the other night, we were cuddling before bed and he said, "Thanks for growing our babies, you're going to be such a good mom" and then told me if there's anything he can do to help, I better tell him!  I told him I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to grow our babies - seriously, every day I can't believe how lucky we are and I am so incredibly thankful.
Miss Anything: Uninterrupted sleep and a wine spritzer - I could have used that during our finances discussion the other night!
Cravings/Aversions:  I can't deal with the smell of turnkey bacon, which H sometimes has on the weekend.  Cravings - I made banana bread last night because, well, I really wanted it!  FTR, it is delicious :)
Showing Yet: No, just bloated.  I am looking forward to having a real bump, I feel like I'm just starting to look fat (especially by night) and it's stirring up some negative body image feelings.  And then I feel petty and vain for feeling like this.
Mood: See above.  Also, I'm stressing about finances and how much time I can take off work.  I have a lot of feels this week.
What I am Looking Forward to: Our u/s next Wed!  I can't wait to see the babies!

8 Weeks! 

5 comments:

  1. Happy 8 weeks jaytee! I just know you're going to be a fantastic Mom. I'm sorry the bloat is making you down; fwiw I think you look amazing and beautiful. Can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love reading the "babies" and I can't wait for your next ultrasound <3 I'm with you on the negative body image feelings. I didn't expect that to start so early. I'm sorry you're feeling this way too. FWIW, you look amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! Lotsa additions to the list!! I love, love, love your sweet little raspberries - I can't believe how fast they have grown! I'm always sending love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for being 8 weeks! woo hoo! OMG, the body issue thing definitely hits home. I JUST blogged about the same thing! Can't wait to hear all about your u/s next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 8 weeks!! I'm sorry for the negative body image issues, but FWIW I think you look fabulous!! And I <3 your little twinlets!!!

    ReplyDelete