Babies are the size of: Olives What's happening: Babies are no longer embryos but fetuses! Facial features are developing more, eyes are fully formed but stay closed for the next 16 weeks or so. Reproductive organs are already beginning to form.
Weight change: I forgot this morning, maybe for the best.
Maternity Clothes: Nope, just whatever is comfortable with the bloat, which is crazy by night.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Exhausted, like I could have fallen asleep at my desk most afternoons this week. Still not sleeping great, I do a lot of tossing and turning and can't quite get comfy.
Symptoms: More of the same - exhausted, bloated, sore boobs, easily short of breath, some bouts of nausea but (knock on wood) it hasn't been too bad.
Best Moment of the Week: Our u/s on Tues! I seriously love getting to see the babies, it is so reassuring to see them doing well, to see how much they've grown and changed already, in such a short period of time.
Miss Anything: Uninterrupted sleep.
Cravings/Aversions: I have been craving fresh fruit, like pineapple and cantaloupe, and salty peanuts. I may have got H to stop on his way home yesterday to get me candy - man did that hit the spot.
Showing Yet: I still say it's bloat (H sort of disagrees - I told him to shut it, I'll tell him when it's a real bump!) but it's getting more noticeable, and seriously by night, there's no hiding it! I can still suck it in a bit, but even in the mornings now it's quite noticeable to me. I'm still feeling like I did last week, maybe more so, but I don't want to be a big complainer or seem like I'm fishing, I'm not, I swear, I guess I just didn't expect to be looking/feeling this way so soon. (Thanks for the kind words last week ladies, love you girls <3)
Mood: Ok, sort of emotional and trying to work on my hang ups as mentioned above.
What I am Looking Forward to: The weekend. We're going to spend the weekend with my MIL& FIL, BIL & SIL and two nephews. It's nice to be with people who know so we don't have to hide this big secret, and it's always nice to get out of the city. Abby loves it up there, she rarely has to put a leash on - it's a doggy paradise and I love seeing her so happy and running around. Plus we bring home a very tired pup - that's a win-win :)
![]() |
| 9 weeks! |

I am so excited that next week you'll be in double digits!! Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteHopefully the morning sickness will stay away for you. For my first trimester I could only eat apples for a long time because everything else made me so sick. You are only a few weeks until the end of your first trimester, and I'm sure you are excited!
ReplyDelete+Becca
http://rpointer-revans.blogspot.com/
You look beautiful my friend!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how fast things are chugging along! I hope ms stas away and you can get some really good rest this weekend! <3
Yay - 9 weeks! Isn't it crazy that you've known you're pregnant for over a month now? It felt that way for me. You still look amazing! Hope you have a great time this weekend!
ReplyDelete