Monday, 19 August 2013

Weekend Update


That's what I think of my weekend.  Friday was really hard for me, I was happy and sad and on the verge of tears quite frequently.  We drove up to my ILs place where we were also meeting up with BIL & SIL.  We were spending the night there before all heading to a cottage wedding on Sat.  In the car on the way up, I was thinking about talking to SIL and filling her in on what's going on.  We spoke during cycle 10 so she knows we've been trying for over a year now and I thought it would be nice to share this with someone.  She and I get along so well, she's absolutely amazing, I love her like the sister I never had.  We all got up there late evening and were hanging out as usual.  I made a wine spritzer for myself and offered her one, she said no and I immediately had a sinking feeling she was KU.  When we spoke a few months ago, I knew they were thinking about TFAS in the very near future.  The ladies got to talking about the wedding the next day and who would be DD - she volunteered....for the next 9 months.  I hugged her and told her how happy I was for her and then chugged my wine back, waited for the first moment to excuse myself that wasn't totally obvious, and went downstairs to our room and lost it, I just started bawling.  I pulled myself back together, rejoined the party and did my best to put on a happy face.  I felt like I had been kicked in the gut and couldn't catch my breath, I couldn't even look at H because he knew, and I couldn't hold it together seeing him look at me like he knows my heart is breaking.  We turned in and H just let me cry and wish it was that easy for us.  I was/am so jealous, I just want to know what it feels like to see two lines, to not have to deal with 12 cycles of BFNs, to not be meeting a fertility doctor - it was a serious woe is me moment.  I just want to be happy for them without this horrible jealousy/sadness/envy/guilt feeling.

SIL was totally amazing, and understanding.  H filled her in on our doctor's appt, so she's up to speed and was so sweet and supportive.  I just kept saying I want her to know how happy we are for her and she was so understanding of the mess of emotions I was feeling.  It really made a huge difference, but I still felt like a crappy friend and SIL, I just couldn't separate the happy feeling from the rest.  I love being and aunt, and I am ecstatic to have another niece or nephew on the way, and that's where I'll end - on a positive note :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. That sounds exactly like what happened to me in July - right in the middle of a party. I couldn't look at my H either. It was one of my worst moments so far. I'm glad that you were able to talk with your SIL and that she's being kind and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This got me all teary :-( <3 I'm so sorry. You did a great job though and I'm happy to hear that your SIL was understanding about it. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete