I can't explain how relieved I feel. I just got back from an appt with Dr. R and am feeling so much more informed and optimistic. I think I love this man, haha. He is such a nice old Irish man, he tells it like it is, I didn't feel like I was being rushed out the door at all. He went over the results again quickly, commented on H's "super sperm", again saying what good numbers he had, and said everything else looked good. Once he was up to speed, he was curious about what brought me in. So I told him I was concerned about moving forward with treatment and/or fertility drugs without having an HSG, or a similar test. He talked about how they do a sonohysterogram rather than the HSG - he even paused and repeated it so I could write it down. Then without any prompting from me, he said we'll do that next cycle. I breathed a sigh of relief and explained that after seeing Dr. C last time, I had the impression we were not looking at doing that for a few cycles and I was concerned about that plan. He defended her in a sense, saying that it's not a totally uncommon recommendation, but he had no problem with us doing it next cycle. I was worried I was going to have to fight harder, or really stand up for myself by "demanding" it, so I was really happy that he just mentioned casually we'll be doing that next cycle. So the plan is to start with a conservative dose (not certain yet) of Femara and have the SHG next cycle. I am so much more at ease with this plan, I feel like I was listened to, things were explained to me, I feel like they are being thorough - overall, I'm feeling good about our plan again.
As for right now, I am 3DPO, we had good timing with all that anniversary sex. I knew I needed my temp this morning, and on time, to get my CH. Normally that's fine, but since I was upgrading my phone to IOS7 late last night, and then things went awry, I ended up going to bed while my phone was downstairs still syncing. That's my alarm and my flashlight to read the BBT. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure the batteries are dying. At any rate, I got my temp and got my CH - mini victories. I'm not getting my hopes up this cycle but I feel really good about having a plan in place when/should AF arrive.

I'm glad to hear your doctor is open-minded to your needs. It sounds like you are in good hands! I am hoping you won't even need that HSG because THIS cycle is it :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that it went well and you didn't have to fight for the SHG! Yay, he sounds like a good doctor, I'm happy for you. (PS: I upgraded my iphone last night too!)
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I'm so glad that you had a better experience this time and that you feel more comfortable now. I'm excited for you to start treatment, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you won't need it :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! So glad you feel more comfortable now!! I did a SHG instead of a HSG as well, it wasn't too bad. GL!! Hopefully you won't need it!
ReplyDelete