Wednesday, 2 October 2013
First Medicated Cycle - It's Go Time!
I had my first CD3 monitoring this morning. They took some blood, then took me in for an u/s. From there, I was sent to a room to wait for the doctor. Unfortunately Dr. R did not come in, Dr. C did (she's the one I didn't like last time). Fortunately she wasn't as rushed today and was much nicer, it was a better experience. So I'm starting on Letrozole 2.5mg. I took two pills today, I am to take two tomorrow, then one on Friday. She told me to come back in one week, next Wed for monitoring. Then she seemed like she was wrapping up, so I said that Dr. R and I had spoken about doing the SHG this cycle. She did ask why, she said she normally does it after a couple of rounds, and I simply explained that I want to have it done now, I don't want to wait and put fertility drugs into my body if we haven't checked my tubes yet. I had an easier time advocating for myself today, it helped that I knew Dr. R and I had already agreed on this, and Dr. C said that was fine, let's book it. So I will be going in on Monday morning for the SHG, more b/w and u/s and I guess we'll go from there. It feels good to be taking a step forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay progress! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you had a better experience this time and I'm so pumped for you to be moving forward this cycle!
ReplyDeleteOnward and forward!! I'm glad you were able to stand up for yourself & get your SHG scheduled :)
ReplyDeleteYay for moving forward!! GL!
ReplyDelete