It seems I have my fair share of stress, both good and bad. H wondered why I was overwhelmed the other day and I asked him to name one area of my life that isn't stressful. Pause. His response, "Me?" I love him so! Yes, that's very true, but that's about where the list stops. I do enough complaining here, so I'm going to write about the good stress.
Work. This is good stress, so while I'm happy about the changes in the long run, I'm anxious about all of the unknowns. I work for a very small company, and my boss has decided to make some major changes to the business. In a nutshell, Colleague and I are starting our own company, buying Boss's current company and then we will have a contract with his new company. The good: we will be our own bosses, giving us more opportunities to have a voice and decision making power (not that much more than we currently have, but more nonetheless). We will get the experience of being owners/shareholders which should give us some options to hopefully get more cash in our pocket. There is not much risk involved, which eases my anxiety. We should be able to write more stuff off, and some other related perks, or so everyone says. The stressful part is that this is all new to me, I am not versed in running a business from an accounting point of view, I don't know about all of the legalities and while write offs sound awesome, I want to be on the up and up, but I don't know any of the rules about this stuff. So I'm excited, but I am anxious until I start to learn more about all of this.
Car. We are replacing my 1996 Acura Integra, my first car. I have loved this car for years, but it's time to go. We knew we'd need a new one before we started a family, but even with Abby, I could really use another 2 doors! We've narrowed it down to a Toyota RAV4 or a Subaru Forester. I thought we were imminently going to buy, then H brings up a very good point. He wants us to sort out what, if any, write off's we could utilize once the business stuff happens (in the next couple of months) and if that makes a difference between us buying (new or used), vs leasing. Yet again, it's all good, I'm not complaining, it's just another thing I need to do X,Y,Z and figure it all out before we make a decision. This is Canada, it's now October. The plan was to have the car before winter, which means our timeline is either being pushed back, or I need to learn about corporate write offs in a hurry!
First medicated cycle. I've bounced back from my low this weekend, thanks for the kind comments, friends and stalkers, it means a lot. I'm looking forward to getting this show on the road! I have my first monitoring appt in the morning. Like the work situation, I'm excited, I want to move forward, but I'm nervous, this is new, I've never done this before, I don't know what to expect (I have ideas, but you never really know until you get there). And I known with IF modesty is out the window, but that does not mean I am looking forward to a tv u/s on CD3 tomorrow! I also don't want to put too much hope into this cycle, I know I'm not taking a magic pill - must keep expectations in check.
I was going to write about the good stress AND the bad stress, but this got long, and I'd like to try not to complain, for at least one post.
Moving right along! Good luck with the new car & cycle :)
ReplyDeleteNew cars are fun...once you actually get them! You need a car that's good in the snow!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the ultrasound tomorrow...I know what you mean about the modesty..tv ultrasounds with AF are awkward, but it wasn't nearly as awkward and gross as I thought it would be!
Wow - congrats on the work stuff! That sounds so exciting! I have a RAV4 btw - it is great with dogs and I think it's going to be great with kids too. There is so much space in the back.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your appointment this morning!!!