What a busy and hectic long weekend! It was awesome though, nice to see both of our families. We went up north to my ILs for Sat & Sun, got to hang out with my adorable 3 yrs old nephew who just cracks me up, he is so amazing! It was nice to see my SIL (who's about 14-15 weeks along now) and catch up, she's one of the few people who knows about our IF struggles so I filled her in on the latest. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and H's aunt and her family also came up with their 5yrs old golden retriever - needless to say, Abby had a blast with her new friend! It was tiring but fantastic. A few pictures from the weekend - the trees weren't as impressive as other years, but I still love it :) The last one is Abby sitting outside on the deck, on the muskoka chair staring in at us having dinner, silly pup!
Then we came home Monday to furiously clean and prepare the house because we hosted my parents, my brother and his GF and my 15mos old nephew. I got to use my wedding China, which excited me, I haven't had too many occasions to use it yet, so that made me happy. I tried a new recipe, individual pineapple upside down cakes - they were a huge hit, everyone raved about them! The only downfall was the recipe made 6 and there were 6 of us, meaning no leftovers - which is probably for the best, but still...it was delicious, I totally could've eaten another one! Honestly, dinner was nice, but it was awkward at times. The drama with my parents is still ongoing and it was very obvious that my mom was upset and that it was hard for her to be there, pretending like everything is fine when she's still trying to figure out what is in store for her marriage. I bet she was thinking about all of the holidays we've spent together as a family, and what's going to happen next. It was very hard, but I tried to keep things positive and light, it really helped to have my adorable nephew there - between him and Abby, we had our hands full! I really hope they figure some stuff out, I can't imagine what Christmas is going to be like...
Cycle update: It's CD16 now. I saw the RE Sat morning before we left. Righty had managed to get up to a 16mm, 13mm, and lefty hadn't changed at all. I saw Dr. C, she told me we should have TI Sun & Mon, which we did (we had to work on our quickies being a family packed weekend!). I had been using OPKs and I'm still temping; I never got a true +OPK, so I was a little unsure, I've never had trouble getting a + before. And including this morning, my temp is pretty low still. I had another follow up this morning and it does look like I've ovulated, hooray! I am supposed to call at noon to confirm my b/w. Provided that confirms O, I go back in Friday morning for b/w to check my progesterone levels. I cannot believe how much blood they take! I had b/w and tv u/s on CD3, CD8 before my SHG, CD11, CD13, CD16 (today) - I am feeling very much like a science experiment. I'm sure there are ladies who have it worse, but it all just feels so invasive - I'm literally being poked and prodded every couple of days, I could use a little break from the needles and vag cams! So I guess this is my first medicated cycle, 2WW. I'm honestly not feeling too optimistic about this cycle, not sure why, maybe I'm just guarding myself after I got my hopes up too high last cycle. I still have my fingers crossed though.
I'm so glad that you had a (mostly) nice weekend! I'm sorry that things are still not going well with your parents though :( YAY for your first treatment cycle - I have everything crossed for you!!
ReplyDeleteMy fingers are crossed for you too! I'm excited you're in the 2WW again!
ReplyDeleteAlso, how adorable are those pups!!?