Wednesday, 4 December 2013

I need me some horseshoes!


Or a little luck o' the Irish, that would do too!!  H & I went to my CD3 appt this morning.  We got to see Dr. R (yay!).  He reviewed last cycle's info and said he felt good about giving that another go - sometimes these things require some patience (seriously?  Did you just tell me to be patient??).  He actually lowered my dose of Letrozole, which surprised me, and worried me a little - it was the higher dose last cycle that helped get an early O, I'm a little nervous that we're backing off that.  He said that it actually acts in a cumulative way.  So taking the Let actually has an effect not just on the follies that grow and eventually get released at ovulation time in a given cycle, but they also work to stimulate the much less mature eggs.  So because this is my third cycle on it, there would be some residual effect on my eggs/follies from last cycle's meds.  It sounded like it made sense when he explained it, but that was news to me!

So I started the Let today, I take it for 5 days then back in for a follow up next Tues.  H leaves on his trip Friday night.  Please, please, please let me have a good response and be close to Oing on Tues!!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the appointment went well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great response and perfect timing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry the appointment didn't go quite as you wanted. Hopefully your ovaries cooperate & give you a big fat juicy egg at the right time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my fingers crossed hard for early O!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this works out for you :) FX as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FX for a good response and an O in time for you to get that deposit in before the hubs goes away!! <3

    ReplyDelete