Icepocalypse 2013: We got one hell of an ice storm this weekend, it was kind of crazy, yet incredibly beautiful in some ways. We are very fortunate to have not lost power, which can't be said for over 200,000 people in the city right now. Hydro can't guarantee it will be restored to everyone by Christmas. I hope everyone is staying warm!
My uncle was hosting his annual Christmas party yesterday - he had no power. But he had already hired the servers, prepared the food, purchased the booze - the show must go on! It was actually quite awesome! It was a little dark, but they had candles going everywhere, the servers prepared some apps on the BBQ, the booze was obviously nicely chilled. We stood around the piano singing carols by flashlight and candle light - good thing I know most of the words! It was the most Christmassy I have felt this year, I'm really glad we went.
I am finishing up my last morning of work before our Christmas luncheon, then I'm on holidays until the new year, woo hoo!! We have a lot of parties/dinners/family events this week, it's going to be a little crazy, but hopefully it will help distract me from the shitty stuff going on and I can try to enjoy the holidays a little.
To all of my internet friends and stalkers,
Merry Christmas my dear <3
ReplyDeleteHow I love you! XoXo Merry Christmas Wifey!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!!! I hope you have a nice holiday <3
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, love <3
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful Christmas and were able to find a little cheer! That second photo is so cool! Ice plants!
ReplyDelete