Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Misbehavin' ovaries

When they talk about the IF roller coaster, they really mean it.  The ups and downs of last Thursday & Friday, spending the first half of this cycle wishing and willing for an early O, only to not have that happen and flip the switch to be hoping for a late O - it really is a mindfuck.  Anyways, after being totally bummed on Friday, and thereafter, I decided to take a temping break for a few days, not wake up to my alarm at 5:30am - I needed a little mental health break.  As of today,  I started again because I want to know what's going on before H gets home on Thurs.  I took my temp this morning - 36.25.  While I know one temp doesn't mean all that much, I have been temping long enough that I can usually spot a pre or post-O temp fairly accurately, the couple of days right around O are transitional and harder, but typically, for me, 36.25 would be a post-O temp.  I'll see what happens over the next few days, but I can't help but think I O'd during my temping break.  If my temp is up tomorrow, I'll be pretty sure I O'd.  And wouldn't that just be the icing on this shitty cycle's cake.  (Damnit, now I want cake!)


This leads to more confusion.  My follies were 14 & 13 on Friday.  Even if they had a good growth spurt, I can't imagine they got that much bigger in the couple of days after - but I guess it's possible?  This has led me to start wondering about whether you can ovulate too early, or before the egg is mature and primed?  If I did just O, I'm even more confused about why they said not to do an IUI, unless I could ovulate an immature egg which wouldn't be ideal anyways...?  I'm clearly confused, if any of my awesome friends/stalkers have any info or input, please share!  I guess the only silver lining if I did just O is that this cycle will be over sooner.  Not a chance for a BFP, but over.  As if that's a victory.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry hun. I hope it's a fluke temp. Follies can grow 1-2mm a day. So you very well could have had mature follies, probably around 18-21mm. I hope that's not the case and you still have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gonz. I'm surprised then that they still didn't recommend doing IUI this week...no point second guessing now, maybe it was a fluke, stranger things have happened ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard the same thing as gonzol - that they can grow 1-2 or maybe 1-3 mms a day. That said, my doctor also has concerns that I'm releasing immature eggs on my really short cycles so I guess that's possible too.I hate this. I hate not knowing what's going on. I'm so sorry that you're left with so many questions too :(

    ReplyDelete