The day started out rough, I got out of bed and was immediately folded over with some rather bad cramps and bloat and just feeling really uncomfortable. H & I headed to the clinic, we drive separately so he can go straight to work after (clinic is half way there) and I cringed most of the 12 mins drive because holy pot holes! Every bump and jerk of the car was felt in my ovaries and ute. I popped a couple Tylenol and hoped for some relief. So groundhog spermination day, except that today the office was packed! I have never seen so many people in there. It extra irked me that Dr. R seems to be off these last couple of days - there are only 2 doctors, you know how many patients you have, perhaps he could spend a little more time in the office?? Anyways, H did his thing, I had an uncomfortable u/s and then off to Timmies, our usual breakfast/waiting spot. It's roll up the rim time and this year they've even added another chance to win on every cup. And finally, this morning, I won a coffee!! I realize the value of said prize is $1.65 but fuck that, I won something! Hooray!
Back to the busy waiting room we went, the nurse asked if I had b/w but I hadn't before since it was so busy. I was secretly hoping to get away without it, 5 days in a row is tough to find a non-bruised spot on my arm. Then back to the old exam room to wait. RE came in and said H aced his SA yet again - >100 mil, >90% motility. Then the stupid RE makes yet another quip about H being a sperm donor, with his impressive samples. This is not the first time she's made this joke, but guess what? I didn't find it funny the first time, and I did not find it funny today. We have been TTC for almost 22 months, with them about 8 months, we were supposed to be "an easy case" and yet here I am, lying half naked and exposed on the table desperate that this will be the cycle that works, and you think now is a good time to suggest we use H's sperm to impregnate some other women?? I have NOTHING against sperm donation, I think it is an amazing thing, I just think it's really insensitive to say that to me particularly at that moment.
So besides winning a coffee, my other highlight today is that I get a much needed break from the clinic, from the needles and vag cams! I will start progesterone tonight and will add the baby aspirin starting tomorrow. I go in Apr 8 for progesterone draw, Apr 14 for my baseline (they measure hcs to compare your beta against) and then Beta day will be Apr 18, two weeks today. So on to the wishing and hoping and praying portion of the cycle.

You're a winner! Haha!
ReplyDeleteFX for you as always dear. Let's hope this one is IT and then that biatch won't have an option to make any additional "funny" jokes. :-)
Yay for winning!! Hopefully that's just a sign that this cycle will be your lucky one!! Also I'll TP that doctor for you if you want
ReplyDeleteI would have been livid over the sperm donor comments (though I'm glad everything looks good enough to warrant that comment). I'm sorry that the doctor was so insensitive. FX and hugs for you <3 And congrats on the free coffee :)
ReplyDeleteAdd Dr. R to the list!!! That comment is so inappropriate for that moment. I'm sorry you've had to endure it on more than one occasion.
ReplyDeleteI feel so hopeful for your cycle!! I think the free coffee is a lucky sign :)
Actually, it's Dr. C who needs to be on the list, right?? Fish, Universe, Princesses at the RE, Doctors who make Stupid Comments.
Delete