![]() |
| Mom and Dad, I'm talking to you! |
Holy fuckballs, what a very shitty week this has been. I am emotionally exhausted, thank goodness it's Friday at least.
I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and let me tell you, it is mighty heavy. This shit with my parents is weighing hugely on me, but I'm trying desperately to stay out of it as best I can. However, it has directly led to another very serious issue, and that is my mom and how she's handling all of this. I won't downplay it, she's going through a lot right now, but the way she's choosing to deal with it, and not deal with things, is really not ok. Even though this is my personal blog and no one IRL knows about it, I'm still hesitant to put it all out there, plus I honestly don't have the energy. At any rate, I took a very difficult first step and have reached out to a couple of my uncles/aunt and my mom's friends (who I have very good relationships with also) to help. My brother and I are simply not equipped to help her through this, she needs more than we can give her and pretending like this isn't happening is not helping her, it's only potentially causing more harm. So I'm hopeful that together we can come up with some ideas on how to help her and selfishly, I'm really glad to be starting to feel like this isn't all on me. I simply cannot handle anymore, so I asked for help. It was hard and exhausting asking for it, but as I've told my mom, I think this will all get worse before it gets better, but we need to start making some progress at least. Ok, that's all I can manage for today.
![]() |
| I think I've posted this before, but I need to remind myself of it right now. |
I took another big step this week that was also hard for me. A couple weeks ago I called our insurance to ask about coverage with a psychologist and did some googling and found someone who's not too far from here. That email draft has been sitting in my "Drafts" folder since then. Yesterday I finally hit send. In my email I asked about her experience or knowledge about IF because if I'm going to talk to someone, I would really prefer if they had some background so I don't spend a bunch of time explaining tests, treatments, etc to them. I haven't heard back yet, and I may need to look for someone else depending on their response to me, but I am proud of myself for hitting the "Send" button at least.
Quick cycle update: I'm 7dpiui, pt2. With all the drama of this week I've barely been paying attention, which is not good because of the reason, but silver lining is I'm half way through the 2ww I guess?
And if I didn't already think the universe was cruel, a good friend had to go to the hospital yesterday because of some serious complications with her pregnancy. I am sending all of my love, strength, prayers and well wishes that things turn out well for her and baby. B, if you're reading this - I love you and Thumper and I am sending so much love your way <3


I'm so proud of you for reaching out for help. You're right - it's far too much stress for one person alone. And for hitting the send button - good for you!! I really think it'll be helpful for you to have someone to talk to. I'm sending you lots of hugs
ReplyDeleteI am also extremely proud of you for reaching out. This should NOT be on your shoulders and I really hope others will be able to step in as well so you can all figure it out together. I'm so sorry you're going through this. And YAY for reaching out for a psychologist! That was a huge step and I'm so proud of you :-) Big Hugs J!
ReplyDeleteI know it can be so very difficult to ask for help, and I'm so glad you were able to call on some other support people. You shouldn't feel like it's all on your shoulders to help your parents figure things out.
ReplyDeleteI've contemplated sending (almost) that same email and just never had the guts. Good for you for doing it and I really hope they can find someone with some background that can help you. Big hugs lady. You are so brave and I admire you so much.
I'm so glad that you have some people that you feel like you can turn to for help. It sounds like you have so much going on in addition to all of the IF stuff and I'm so glad that you're going to be getting some help from family and friends. I agree with the picture 100% - it takes a lot of courage to be able to ask for help. I hope that you're feeling better soon. As always, everything is crossed for you. I hope that you get some amazing news next week <3
ReplyDeleteGood for you for being able to ask for help. It sounds like you have had a lot of stuff going on recently and I think it's great that you're able to find some other people to help share the stress/burden.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you get some great news next week!