While we were away on vacation, she "casually" mentioned in an email that when she was out west, she was 3 months pregnant with my brother, nudge, nudge. I brushed it off, but if you read my blog, you may remember this post, in which I am very well aware of that. A few days later, she texted me that she had a wonderful dream in which I was pregnant. I know she doesn't know what we've been dealing with and doesn't mean anything by it, but every comment like that just feels like a punch to the gut. So now that we have been at this for more than a year, and we have an appointment booked with a specialist, I'm thinking of telling her what's going on. Honestly, mostly I just want to ask her to quit it with the comments and quips - which she wouldn't make if she knew that it hurt me. So, either I'll post with an update on how that conversation goes, or I'll post about how I chickened out. Wish me luck!
Good luck! I hope that everything goes well and you're feeling a little better if you decide to go through with the talk!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I've been debating it back and forth for a while, but I think if the opportunity seems to present itself (a chance when we're alone), it might be nice to offload this "secret".
DeleteGood luck with The Talk if the opportunity presents itself. I hope she'll be understanding and supportive.
ReplyDeleteAw, I know that isn't easy. If the opportunity does present itself, make sure it's what you want to do. Don't do it just because you feel pressured (if you feel pressured). I'm sure whatever you decide to do will go well. I hope you feel better soon <3
ReplyDelete