Thursday, 12 December 2013

@#^%$*@#%$*^

Remember how it was going to be perfect timing to O tomorrow (ish) since H is leaving on a business trip tomorrow?  Yeah, well that would have been nice, but that would have been a little too easy.  Sigh...

I went in for monitoring this morning.  My 15 "disappeared" (where the fuck do they go??) so I currently have a 14 and a 13, so they have barely changed since Tues.  I was surprised and really disappointed to hear that.  I could feel the sting of tears in my eyes as my stomach sank - H leaves tomorrow, there is no wiggle room there.  So Dr. R says we can either scrap the cycle - he said something like, "it's only one month" to which I quickly replied, "Well, it may seem like one month, but it sure feels like 18 months" and he gave me a very understanding look and said, "I know it does" in his reassuring way.  Then he suggested that we could freeze H's sample and do IUI next week when he's away and I'm ready, he guessed I could O on Monday.  (Anybody remember when we went in on CD3 and I asked about this option and Dr. R didn't seem to keen??  Yeah, but this was clearly a new idea today when he said it!) 

I called H and gave him the rundown.  He is reluctant to move to IUI yet, he seems to think we are jumping the gun and rushing into more advanced/invasive/expensive options.  I get where he's coming from, but TI is not an option this cycle, if it were, that's what we'd be doing.  The IUI is the only way to salvage this cycle, which frankly, I've already put the leg work into with 3 appts for b/w and dildo cams - I'm invested here.  I think he sees cycle 1 as a bust that doesn't really count, cycle 2 was a good shot with the Letrozole and TI, and this cycle we don't even get to try that, so he basically sees 1 cycle it didn't work with Letrozole + TI, that's where he thinks we're jumping to IUI.  I get what he's saying here, but IUI wasn't as far down the road as I think he was hoping.  He has mentioned still wanting to get KU the "natural" way - I told him we're well past that now, but he would still prefer TI to insemination.  He said he will get on board with whatever I want to do, which is great, but it's also harder to make a decision when you know your partner isn't quite on the same page.

I think I need to push for the IUI option.  I don't think I can handle not having a shot this cycle, over the holidays, last one of the year, two pregnant SILs and announcements everywhere I look.  I need a chance.  They estimated about $1500 to go ahead with this plan.  That's a pretty good gamble, for a shot, no guarantees, just a shot.  I just called our insurance to double check, and yup, we were right - absolutely NOTHING is covered.  The fact that finances have to play a role in deciding whether to have a shot at getting pregnant makes me so angry.

I called and told them we're going to go ahead with the IUI plan.  I have a lot of mixed feelings right now.  I'm angry things didn't go better this cycle, I'm angry they lowered my dose of Letrozole and I had a much slower response, as I did cycle 1, I'm angry that it's going to cost us $1500 (at Christmas time, nonetheless) to have a shot.  I'm nervous about having to go for the IUI alone, while H is in China.  I should know by now nothing goes as you plan in IF, but this is far from the ideal situation for this cycle.  Please don't let all of this be for nothing.

8 comments:

  1. Big, huge hugs <3 <3 I'm so sorry that it didn't work out. It breaks my heart to read this because I totally understand the feelings and thoughts you're having and I hate that you're going through that right now. For what it's worth - I think I would be pushing for the IUI too. You're right - it's not one month, it's all of the months we've been waiting. It's the need to not feel totally helpless and out of control and I think those are very valid reasons to go for it. I think it's hard for the husbands to get our perspective sometimes because they're not feeling the physical toll of each cycle the way that we do so it might be easier to keep it off their minds. Even though Seth thinks we're ready for treatment, it's been much harder for him to let go of the "just one more try" mentality too. I'm here if you need someone, anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh!! My entire comment erased somehow!!

    Anyway, I was saying that I am so sorry you didn't get good results :-( I am also sending you big huge hugs <3 I'm sure you're aware that I know exactly how you feel with having multiple cycles of poor response - it really really sucks and you know I'm here for you if you ever want to talk.

    I also agree about pushing for the IUI. AFM, I struggled with DH wanting to move on to IVF before I was ready. it was hard to make a decision that we weren't both fully on board for and after discussing, he understood my feelings and we went with my decision. I hope you and YH will be able to come to a good place.

    I'm sorry this is so abbreviated and all over the place. I'll write more later but I'm running to a mtg right now. Love you and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH! WTH? My comment deleted too!

    I'm sorry that this morning didn't go as we'd all hoped. I had everything crossed that this would all work out perfectly.

    I'm glad that you're going to be able to save this cycle with IUI. I can kinda understand YH's apprehension to moving to IUI, but you gotta roll with the punches with this crap. It's better to have a little hope going into the holidays, then to know that this whole cycle was a waste.
    I love you girlie! I'm always around if you need someone! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck!? I didn't know they could just DISAPPEAR!?
    I'm sorry it didn't go as you'd hoped, but I am glad you have a plan so that this cycle doesn't have to be wasted! Getting knocked up when your husband is in another country would be pretty impressive! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your support and advice, it means more to me than I know how to express <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you're going through this! It would suck to waste a cycle, so I'm really glad you two have an alternate plan. I've got everything crossed for you so hard and hoping this is the one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{{{hugs}}}}} All of this is so incredibly frustrating and confusing and why isn't there a manual for infertility yet?!?!?! I actually gasped out loud when I read your doctors words (time in IF is actually slower than dog years!!! Seriously, you've been waiting long enough!!!). I'm so glad that you're going forward with the brilliant plan to freeze and do IUI (gee, why didn't you think of that first?!). It SUCKS that it is so expensive to have a shot this cycle, but all things considered - it is worth it. Time is money too, and to watch a month tick by without even a chance... it's too heartbreaking (which is what's going on in my world!! AUGH!!!). Love you, dearie, I'm always here for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry things didn't go the well you hoped. I hope you and your husband find a solution going forward that you're both comfortable with. It would be awful to lose a cycle especially after you've gone through all this work. Hopefully you guys don't have to go through this too much longer. <3

    ReplyDelete