Tuesday, 22 April 2014
And benched...
I was a little nervous heading in for monitoring this morning, H & I had agreed on a plan and felt ok with it, but I have had a few instances of intense pain and cramping in the last couple of weeks, so I was a little apprehensive about things. And apparently, with good reason. There are a number of "left over follicles" from last cycle, which I think are cysts but they seemed hesitant to use that word. They weren't too bad/severe but the RE (the one with the foot in mouth syndrome) did not want me to stim again this cycle, especially with how well I respond to injects, she thought a break would be a good idea. She did mention the idea of Femara but I don't see a point, it didn't do much for me before and if the point is to give my ovaries a break, let's give them a break. So a natural cycle it is.
She also looked over all my medicated cycles and we discussed my IUI cycles in more depth, apparently many people respond fairly consistently but not me, I'm a special snowflake, "and enigma" she said. We seem to keep getting more and more follies, which as she pointed out, will be ideal for IVF. She strongly encouraged us not to waste time or money on another IUI, she really thought it was time for us to move on to IVF. On the positive side, my response has been great to injects, I have lots of follies, she is hopeful we'd have some to freeze also, but I know that's part of the gamble. I can do it anytime I like, there's no schedule or anything like that. She said if we were ready for IVF in May, toward the last half of this cycle we could do our consult and I could have an endo scraping, which they do before an IVF. I've heard both the REs mention good stats and promising results on "touching" or "disturbing" the lining before a transfer, and I've heard it a few places also - it's on my list of things to research. But essentially, we can get going anytime we're ready.
So now I have a project while I warm the bench - reading up on IVF, finding out about different clinics in the area, price comparing, etc. At least I have something to do, I guess?
Labels:
Benched,
Infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


HUGS. I hope the break will do your ovaries some good. And your dr is right - you do seem to have the ideal reaction to stims needed for IVF... I'm just sorry you find yourself here. Sending you a virtual Three Musketeers ;-)
ReplyDelete((Hugs)) I'm sorry you got benched this cycle. I hope you find this time helpful in preparing for IVF and in giving your body a break. <3
ReplyDelete((Hugs)) sweetie.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you've been benched and I'm sorry that you're facing this decision a little bit sooner than you expected (or even at all). I hope that the break ends up being a good thing for you physically and emotionally. Good luck with your research - I hope you find some things that help you feel confident about moving forward. You know where to find me if you want to chat about anything! Hugs <3
ReplyDeleteBoo hiss. This day sucks. It's so unfair that you find yourself here. I'm here for hugs & stickers. Love you.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you have been benched and are having to discuss IVF sooner than you had hoped. I have had 3 endometrial biopsies so if you have any questions about the process, I am happy to answer them. I hope your break turns out to be a nice change of pace. Sending you lots of big, squishy internet hugs.
ReplyDelete