I went in for monitoring again this morning. I was feeling pretty up beat and had some good laughs with my nurses - they are so awesome. I got vag cam'd first, then sent for b/w, so by the time I got to the exam room, Dr. C was already there with my chart. She said everything looks awesome and we're ready!! She read me my follie count, but of course I knew I wouldn't remember and all I could think was, "Damnit, I wanted to ninja my chart before she came in!" She told me I am triggering tonight, ER on Thurs! We talked about how that would go, and I asked if Dr. R was around. She tells me he's on vacation for 3 weeks! Um, he told H & I that he would be the one to do our ER, so I'm slightly annoyed that's not the case, but I can't stress about it. She actually said she does most of their IVF procedures, so I guess maybe it's better to have someone well practiced?? That's what I'm going with anyways. So we talked about Thurs a little and then she said my favourite nurse would be in to go over details with me. As she was walking out, I asked to see my chart and I totally pulled out my phone and said I wanted to take a picture because I would never remember it all. She got a kick out of my ninja styles, as did the other nurse who came over midway through! But I wanted to know my exact numbers, so they can chuckle at me if they want, I need my chart stalk! For my efforts:
Looks like we're in pretty good shape. She counted 11 mature and another 3 that might be ready by ER. I got a list of instructions and when to take which drugs and then when to not, then when to restart - it was a little much, but I think I got it. Or I'll call to clarify later, whatever ;) I printed out a calendar and started adding everything to it so I can keep it straight. And yes, it's colour coded :)
The plan is to trigger at 10:30pm tonight. I've always used Ovidrel but today I will be triggering with HCG. The nurse showed me how to mix them, first time for that. But thankfully I have blog stalked and Dreamed with enough awesome ladies that I knew the mixing needle was NOT the stabbing needle, whew! We went over it a couple times and I think I'm good with it. Then tomorrow I start some antibiotics so as not to have any issues from the ER. I am also going to be taking Dostinex again, which I took after IUI#3 and 4, it should help ward off OHSS, plus all the Powerade I'm supposed to drink, so hopefully that won't be an issue. Then ER is Thurs at 9:30am, we need to be there for 8:30am with a novel sized stack of consent forms. I'm a little nervous because we have to go to their downtown location, which I've never been to, and right between me and it, there is a shit load of construction on the roads. Awesome. So we'll leave nice and early with plenty of time. Then we'll be doing ICSI and a 3dt, I can call on Friday to get my fert report, then ET will be Sunday morning. I am super happy I will only need 1 day off work, and really happy we can battle Sun traffic and not Mon traffic to get there then. Beta day is set for June 16, which is the Monday after Father's Day. I am not saying anymore than that, because none of the other signs in the last 2 years have meant jack shit and I'm not taking any chances by jinxing it.
So here we are, already at trigger time!! I'm anxiously excited. I am glad I kept my therapy appt for tonight, I could use another session to talk about ways to help me chill out! Ahhhhh, I can't believe we're really here! In less than a week I will be PUPO, and hopefully we'll be able to drop the UPO part ;)

So excited for you and I hope this cycle brings a take home baby! Sending relaxing happy vibes your way!
ReplyDelete:) :) :) I'm beyond excited for you! Take it all one step at a time, and I'm sure you'll get through it like a pro! I have a good feeling for you :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting jaytee! I'm psyched for you and looking forward to an update!
ReplyDeleteSqueeeeeeee!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK tomorrow and this weekend sweetie!!! I'm rooting for you so so hard over here!!
Best of luck to you at your ER. Sending a million good thoughts your way! :D
ReplyDelete