So since we're moving on to IVF and I have the endo biopsy scheduled for next Tues, and I know I'll want to take ER and ET days off, I figured it was a good idea to clue my business partner in. I figured she'd be a lot more understanding if she knew what was going on, especially if I needed any more flexibility with work. It went really well, she was very cool about things and fortunately the phone then started ringing so we didn't get into a long drawn out conversation about it, but she's in the loop and I feel better about that.
I also talked to my mom and filled her in on our plan to move onto IVF next cycle. Knock on wood, things with the parental unit have become a bit less dramatic these days. This is not to say things are fixed or all better, it just doesn't feel so all-consuming and overwhelming for me, which I am so grateful for. I told her that I'm happy things are going well and I really hope that continues. I also told her nicely that I may need to be a little selfish with this upcoming cycle, I really can't handle any more drama, I really just need to focus on us. She couldn't have been more understanding and supportive and assured me she would do everything possible to ensure they don't add to my stress. It felt good to say that, and a bit easier since things are going better with them now. I love my family and they are a huge priority in my life, but right now, if we're going to spend $10-12K on this next cycle, I need to be able to focus on us, and she totally understood. Cue my relief.
So we're all set! We're praying for our miracle BFP while preparing for IVF.
![]() |
| I just love this <3 |

Sending every good thought your way!
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad to hear that the family drama is calming down a bit! And I am very proud of you for telling your mom that you will need to focus on yourself. That is huge.
ReplyDeleteAlso, my eyebrows perked up when you said spotting at 3/4 DPO but I don't want to contribute to your craziness so I'll just leave it at that and say that I am sooooo hoping you get a miracle BFP. Big (((hugs))) J. <3
::Facebook like!::
DeleteI'm proud of you for taking care of yourself & hope your parents will make good on their promise. You're always in my prayers, dear!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that things are settling down a bit in your family. I really hope that things keep improving for everyone. You are in my thoughts and I will be praying that you guys get your miracle too <3
ReplyDeleteI am always thinking of you J and am selfishly so happy for an update from you - and it's a good one too!
ReplyDeleteThat would have been a very tough conversation to have with your mom - way to stick to your guns. And she had such a good reaction too. It's great to know you have that support.
Fingers crossed for you as always!!
I'm glad that you were able to have the conversation with your Mom and your coworker. Always keeping my FX for you <3
ReplyDelete