Anyways, we had a nice time out for Chinese food dinner, as is tradition. Then we went back to H's aunt's place for cake and presents. I was having a pretty down weekend with my parents' stuff and waiting on this cycle to end, so I had to try really hard to pretend everything was fine. The longer the visit, the harder it got. I'm sitting there in a room with his whole family, everyone is happy and smiling and loving life. And I can't stop thinking about my parents' separation. I look at my ILs and so wish that was still my parents, happy and in love. My FIL was planning all of these awesome birthday surprises for MIL. It was just really hard. Then there's my 3 year old nephew running around, my SIL pregnant with #2 and it's like, everywhere I look, I want what I can't have. I want my parents to be together and happy. I want to be pregnant (well actually I want my baby, 17 months later I didn't expect to still be wishing to see two pink lines). I want to be at a point by Christmas that I could tell close family and friends about the most exciting news of my life (second only to marrying the love of my life). I want my life to head down the path I always imagined it would. I want to be happy, genuinely happy, not just happy for now but with a huge hole in my heart.
Thank you to those who have reached out to me and commented here, I so appreciate the kind words and support. I still haven't told anyone IRL about all of this, I can't seem to find the right words yet. But I'm thinking about it. It has meant so much to me to not feel all alone, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

(((hugs))) I know exactly what you mean (as usual!). I feel like I'm constantly faking it... It is so exhausting. My SIL is due with #2 any day now... It hurts. My brother has two kids, my sister has one, DH's brother has two of his own plus a step child... We are literally the only couple among our siblings without even the prospect of children (with the exception of my 13 year old sister... She doesn't count yet!!). It breaks my heart...
ReplyDeleteBut we both have to hang in there. Miracles happen everyday. Hopefully ours is coming up soon. ((Hugs)) dear
All I can say is I understand. IF isn't fair. I hope things get easier in the coming days. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI'm with Sun. It is difficult and sucks and just isn't fair. We all have to fake it sometimes...I fake it most of the time! I hope you get your miracle soon!
ReplyDelete((HUGS!!!))
ReplyDeleteHugs <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteBig hugs dear. <3 <3 And I hope this awful cycle ends SOON!!!
ReplyDelete