Friday, 15 November 2013

Friday Update

It's CD7 today, I did my Letrozole Mon-Thurs this week and went for my monitoring appt this morning.  I was nervous going, I was really expecting them to say I didn't have much of a response and we should look at injects.  I was very pleasantly surprised when Dr. C (seriously, where is Dr. R??) said my response was really good!  I have a 19mm and a 15mm that she was really happy with.  So they sent me home with Ovidrel, a trigger shot, after a quick tutorial on how to do it.  (I played it cool, but in my head I was like, "OMG I have to jab myself in the stomach with that?!)


Ok, I know many of my friends dealing with IF have had to deal with worse than this, but as a needle newbie, it's intimidating!  But you know what, I can do this.  I know I can do this.  I forgot briefly, and the beautiful and amazing Cici was kind enough to remind me - thank you!  <3

So I called at lunch and the results of my b/w seemed to confirm everything and I was told to trigger tomorrow morning, then get freaky this weekend (bow chica bow wow).  The minor hitch: H was invited earlier this week to go on the annual guys trip to Buffalo for a day of tailgating and watching the Bills game on Sunday.  He was sweet enough to even ask whether him being gone Sunday would be ok with timing and stuff, I assumed it would be, since, you know, it will only be CD 9.  Don't try to schedule stuff around IF, it never works out the way you expect!  H is getting picked up from downtown (20mins by car from our house) at 7am and is getting dropped off down there at 10pm ish.  From previous years experience, I expect a drunk and very tired H to be coming home that night.  We'll make it work, nothing like a 6am quickie to start a long ass day, right??  I'm not stabbing myself for nothing, so we're gonna make this work! :P

I leave you with this, a song that normally wouldn't be my style but one I am completely obsessed with right now because it makes me feel strong and think about all of my fellow warriors battling IF  <3


4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so happy that you had a great response this cycle! I hope the injection isn't too bad. Good luck and have fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl!! I'm so glad things are moving right along for you :) By now, I'm sure you have conquered the fear of your first injection. I hope it wasn't as scary as you thought it would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am the same way with this song - that's really not my type of music but I can't help but sing along to this song at the top of my lungs every time it's on while thinking of my fellow IF warriors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also just did my first shot of Ovidrel and I was scared too, but I didn't even feel it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete