Thursday, 21 November 2013

Positive Vibes

It's surgery day for my dad.  He is scheduled as the last patient of the day, likely because he is the most complicated case.  From what I gather, the surgery will go one of two ways.  They will either be able to remove the gallbladder laparoscopically, which would be a relatively quick surgery and he would be released this evening sometime.  If not, they will have to do a much more invasive incision to open him up to remove it.  This would mean they keep him overnight in recovery.  Fingers crossed for the first option!

One thing that has always bothered me about medical stuff, and definitely in the world of both my dad's health and IF, the doctors never know until they get there.  They won't know which surgery will work until they get into the OR.  I am trying to remain positive about it all, but it's hard not to think about all of his health related stuff that always seemed to be the more complicated option.  He rarely seems to get the easy way out of anything, but I am wishing and hoping that this will be the exception to that trend.  He could really use a break, he could really use a win.  I won't know anything for hours, surgery is around 2:30pm, so I will just have to anxiously await an update.


Update:  After keeping him waiting an extra hour or two because they were running behind, I just heard he's out and it was the easy surgery!!!  I was totally expecting the worst, because that's how it usually goes, but this time, this time we got the easy path!!!  Excuse me while I bust out in a happy dance:




He'll be home in time to watch the Leafs game, which is what he was hoping for :D




3 comments:

  1. Keeping you and your family in my T&P. Hoping they can do the surgery laproscopically and he can be released tonight. FX he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your Dad, J. I am really hoping for the easier surgery and that he'll be released tonight. Sending good vibes out to the universe for him <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I'm so glad that everything went well. I hope that your dad has a quick and easy recovery <3

    ReplyDelete