Friday, 14 June 2013

Father's Day

Since I'm heading to the inlaws for the weekend, I thought I'd do a Father's Day post now.  

I'm a daddy's girl, always have been, always will be.  My father is an amazing man who I admire and respect.  He has taught me humility and kindness, strength and love.  He brings me back down to earth when I start to get all crazy, as I so often do.  He is my voice of reason, my sounding board.  He is the person I call when I need directions, or to know the best route from point A to point B.  He's the guy I call to ask if something sounds like a legit deal, he has good business sense!  He's the guy I want to run stuff by before diving in because I know he'll help me look at it from every possible angle.  My father has not always had it easy, he has battled illnesses, surgeries, cancer - and he handled it all without complaint or self-pity.  Being by his side through all of this taught me the value of family and how important it is to lean on one another and draw strength from that.  I think the hardships he faced, that we faced as a family, brought us closer together.  My dad is my hero and I could not be more grateful for the special relationship that we share.

               

I love this site I found through Pinterest - 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters: http://www.fromdatestodiapers.com/50-rules-for-dads-of-daughters

Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment