It sounds like things are improving at a good pace out west, I think Calgary and other places are going to take some time to rebuild, but north of there, which is mostly where we're headed, seems to be improving. The highway may be slow, but it sounds like they're now reopened the Trans-Canada highway between Calgary and Banff. So hopefully things will go smoothly for us. The obviously worst part is the timing of our trip with the timing of H's grandmother. I'll get into that in my next post. At any rate, one week today we will be on a plane heading for Calgary! Ready or not, here we come!
Sunday, 30 June 2013
Vacation - One week and counting
I have a lot of mixed feelings about our upcoming vacation. We leave in one week and I'm stressed! Aren't I silly? Who stresses themselves out about vacation - me, that's who. I usually love doing the majority of planning, finding places to stay, activities, etc. But this trip is really different for me and H has a lot of the experience/knowledge. He grew up camping and hiking in the Rockies (and all sorts of other crazy places!) - I spent the summers at camp or the cottage. His family trip - the arctic circle; mine - Disney world. See how we come from totally different backgrounds on this point?? So I kind of need him to help with more of the planning, but that's not really his forte, plus there's a lot of family stuff going on, so I can't really harp on him. I know that it's going to be great regardless, I'm just hoping that H remember that I'm a novice hiker/camper here. He's talking about a 4 day hike - 2 days in, 2 days out. While it looks spectacular, there's a voice in my head saying, "Are you flucking kidding me?? How am I going to manage that?!" It ends up being 11km of tough hiking for 4 days straight. I'm up for a challenge, but I would like to enjoy this vacation too! But then I look at this, Berg Lake, and I wonder, is it possible? Could I make it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment